Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Batman: Arkham Knight

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just finished the main story and the Joker stuff was really creepy/good.

Is it ever explained why Arkham Knight/Jason comes back and sniped the gun out of Scarecrows hand at the end?

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I finished up today. Well at least the main story part. I only had 12 out of 14 Most Wanted criminals done. I had no interest in doing the Joker stuff, and going after Man bat creature thing I lost interest in after trying once. I think I didn't finish the firefly stuff either so I only had 11 out of 14.. whatever it doesn't matter. I watched the 100% ending on youtube, and after watching it I'm glad I didn't waste time trying to 100% it as it wouldn't have been worth it anyways.

I still enjoyed the game, it looked great, it played great, but the batmobile sections and tank battles were just too much. Especially towards the end, every battle was a friggin tank battle. Just insane. The Arkham knight and that excavator part.. so poorly designed. Not sure why they did that, but it almost ruined the game, and almost made me not want to finish it at all. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to do so much of it. I want to be Batman, I want to have boss fights, hand to hand combat. One or two tank battles would have been fine to use the bat mobile, but all the ones they did... just ugh. Penguin, Two-Face etc, all taken down just like any other enemy. The deathstroke fight was a tank battle! Why can't we just have good ol fashion boss fights?

I'll play through the Harley Quinn/Red Hood stuff since I had it with my pre-order, but after that probably just gonna trade it in, as I have no desire to do new game + at this point.

NYU

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm pissed. I've been trying to 100% the game. Collected all of the trophies that aren't story related and currently working on all of the side missions since I'm 79% through the story.

After
Ivy dies
, the AR challenges popped up for Under the Pale Moonlight and City Heat TT. I saved the game at that point and quit. When I reloaded it later, those missions suddenly disappeared again. When i looked it up, I see now this has been an ongoing issue with a lot of people and Rocksteady hasn't even addressed it. Some are saying you could play to that same point on New Game+ and unlock it again but fuck that. I have no desire to do that
Cloudburst battle
ever again. The idea that I wasted hours completing some of those other AR challenges though and I won't be able to even Platinum the trophy is infuriating though.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Holy shit, this game just keeps going and going. I completed all the side quests except for the Riddler Challenges (
I did get all the way through saving Selena though
), mainly because I just don't have the patience for those, and everytime I feel like I'm on the verge of a final showdown with you know who, here comes another MacGuffin to keep the story going.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Been re-playing this and discovering the classic Harley Quinn skin has made this thing 100x more enjoyable. Just doing the HQ Story alone with the classic skin made me fanboy out.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got this a couple weeks ago and I'm about 82% done according to the readout. The Batmobile stuff constantly battling tanks is not what I want in a Batman game at all but aside from that I'm really enjoying the game. It feels like a proper ending to the series (at least atm). Mark Hamill's performance is fucking tremendous. The section in the movie studio was some of the most fun and best story advancement of the series I thought. Even though a number of the twists are pretty predictable (AK's identity was obvious from the moment he appeared on screen) I don't always think that is a bad thing.