• Kronik

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Orange

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brian Adams' NWO run is incredibly boring. At least I can muster up some passionate hate for DOA, who has a strong strong argument for worst stable ever but hard to muster up any emotion other than apathy for '98-'99 Crush.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Convict/Nation Crush bleeds into Biker Crush to me just because literally just changed vests and road a bike.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He lost those by the Nation. Somewhere the tattoo went too. That was such a weird period. He was my favorite Kane kill, though. Killed him right to WCW.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I remember '96 Crush being one of the only guys still rocking that nose ring with the chain.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I was positive he'd get his face ripped off.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I loved the Cranium Crunch. Fun finisher in the Sega Genesis/SNES games. He was ruined by the fact that he was goofy *and* constantly getting his ass beat by a clown. If he had been able to get some dominant mid-card wins then he would have done a lot better. In fact...Idk if I can ever recall seeing Kona Crush beating ANY non jobbers cleanly. He even had schmozz finishes on Coliseum Videos against like The Berzerker.

Black and purple Crush having legal issues actually probably hurt '95 WWF. If he had kept his head on straight and if Yokozuna hadn't gotten so fat, maybe the WWF wouldn't have been so reliant on the GD awful Million Dollar Corporation.
1995 Diesel vs Crush might be one of the worst matches that could have feasibly actually went down. Yikes.
--
1992 Crush after Summerslam 92 went on to take Hawk's place in the LOD as Animal finished their dates. WWF magazine even did a blurb on the team with a headline. I'd have to look at the results and or the WON to see WTH Crush was doing after that until Doink f'd him up in Dec/Jan.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The Crush/Diesel interaction in the '94 Rumble are pretty fun. Just monsters wailing on each other.

I've thought for a long time that Crush should've gotten Flair at Summerslam '92. Make or break.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man the hypotheticals in this thread would have given that man a much better career.

I never understood why Kona Crush never got an IC run. He never was booked well enough for the main title but he had a decent enough look to support putting it on him, even briefly. This is assuming Bret's not in the picture. I never liked Nation or DOA Crush, not in a "he's a great heel" sense either. Once he got arrested, my stick in the mud self just didn't want him on my TV. Adult me understands people fuck up and deserve second chances, so I guess good on them running with his real life problems in a gimmick (since they acknowledged the arrest on air when it happened).

The NWO stuff was just awkward and awful and I wasn't watching wrestling when he was with Demolition. By the time he formed Kronik I was mostly checked out of WCW programming. So all in all, my vote goes to Kona.

EDIT: his heel turn on Macho *was* done well, I forgot to mention that.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Kona Crush theme had a nice riff, that's true. Did Convict Crush even have a theme aside from the Nation theme?
Nah, he was one if not the last guy to be themeless. At least one of the last guys to not have a theme without them not having a theme being a part of the storyline (IE early '00 Booker after he lost his T and Harlem Heat's theme music to Ahmed Johnson or crazy heel, 2011 R Truth).
I distinctly remember Konvict Krush coming out to theme music in his Raw redebut. Whether they dropped it at some point I can't say because I have no memory of him doing anything between that August Raw appearance and Survivor Series. However, '93 heel Crush was themeless at first but he did have music by Mania X.

Anyway I voted for Demolition Crush because he was in Wrestlefest and he had his 360 backbreaker. That's enough for me.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brian Adams was always a fun hoss guy if you never really put much thought into him. Kona is a classic 90's guy, his run in the late 90s wasn't spectacular, and he was worthless in the NWO...but Kronic was a lot of fun.

I didn't even realize he was dead.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I wish I could recall if we (my neighbors and I, pronouns pal!) knew it was Crush when the first teaser vignette of Clarence Mason arguing with Monsoon aired with the massive backside of Crush standing over them. Maybe the WWF outright said it was him?

jim-ross-shrugs.jpg

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
They only alluded to the fact that it was a wrestler with a criminal past. I figured it was Crush since I knew about his arrest the year earlier. I don’t remember if The Slammer in the NY Daily News spoiled it. But they didn’t reveal it was Crush until he came out for his redebut match with Savio.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I didn't even recognize it was Crush until Vince said it on commentary. He was less bulky than the Kona days (or maybe the street garb covered most of it up) and he didn't have the facepaint from his heel run.

Last edited: