Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Billy Corgan buys the NWA..... WUT?

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Getting bumped to the CW app might be a worse punishment for them than just getting canceled completely. At least with Youtube, the NWA stuff might come up on an algorithm if I watch other wrestling. Who is going to find the NWA on the CW app if they don't already know it's there?

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Who is going to have the CW app?

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
What's so frustrating is that I think the NWA, more than any company (at least in the US), could be the most fun to fantasy book. They've got so much potential to at least be a solid number four, but Corgan just doesn't want it or is too stupid to make it happen. Gut a LOT of the roster, get real staff, get anyone with a modicrum of creativity to help book, don't get politics involved, grovel your way through the Forbidden Door-- it's all shit that they could do but won't.
THIS. Corgan could have made it so the NWA was a legitimate alternative to the abundance of flippy-floppy in every other US promotion, something down to earth and gritty, the John Wick that pro wrestling has needed after so many years of each company wanting to mimic the MCU, but what we have is a list of reasons that every prior "old school" promotion has failed.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The NWA drew 1500 people for their last set of TV tapings for the CW.

I guess the pro wrestling industry is on the upswing if even Billy Corgan’s territory cosplay is drawing solid houses!