Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bound for Glory 2022: Impact's flagship show is headed to New York. Albany, New York!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A PPV on a Friday? Competing against Smackdown and a special two hour Rampage? ALBANY!? Yeah, this feels like the least relevant BFG since the weird one that they taped in Japan with Wrestle-1. Nevertheless, Impact has pulled out decent shows from worse looking cards so we'll see. Or at least hear about it after we watch

Bound for Glory 2022
October 7th, 2022
Live from Washington Avenue Armory in Albany, NY

Impact World Championship match

Josh Alexander (c) Vs Eddie Edwards

Impact Knockouts World Championship match
Jordynne Grace (c) Vs Masha Slamovich

Impact World Tag Team Championship match
Honor No More (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) (with Maria Kanellis) (c) Vs Motor City Machine Guns

Impact X Division Championship match
Speedball Mike Bailey (c) Vs Frankie Kazarian

Career threatening match (If Mickie James loses, she must retire from in-ring competition
Mia Yim Vs Mickie James

Impact Knockouts World Tag Team Championship match
VXT (Chelsea Green and Deonna Purrazzo) (c) Vs The Death Dolls (Jessicka and Taya Valkyrie) (with Rosemary)

20 wrestler, Call Your Shot Gauntlet (winner receives a trophy and a contract that can invoke a championship title match of their choosing anytime in the next year)
Featuring:
Sami Callihan, Bhupinder Gujjar, Bobby Fish, Heath, Steve Maclin, Moose, PCO, Gisele Shaw, Rich Swann, and competitors TBA

Open Challenge for Impact Digital Media Championship (pre show)
Brian Myers (c) Vs TBA

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looked up the Bound for Glory 2014 (aforementioned pretaped one from Japan) and found this great prediction from CXF's fearless leader.
I'll probably watch this which is more than I can say for any TNA PPV in like 9 years. Muta is claiming that an upcoming match is his retirement match so this might be your last chance to watch him!
Well. Tbf though to my man, I doubt a lot of NA fans besides myself watched any of us NOAH run. Then again, they probably didn't watch his 2014 TNA cameos either!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Bully Ray gonna force his way through the Forbidden Door and get that Mox heat he was talking about.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So I thought this show was pretty good and stood out a bit besides the usual Impact stuff, with three really strong matches to note.

As Booty Daddy said, the women's match was something else. I don't agree at all with who went over as Mascha has TONS of upside, but perhaps they give her a rematch quickly here and she dominates and goes over. I hope.

Also to note, Mike Bailey and Kazarian had a fantastic opener and the main event was WAY better than I thought it had a chance to be.

The Bully Ray stuff is a bit of an eyesore upcoming here, but time will tell how they use him. If he is in on a short term to simply put over Alexander, I can handle that.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As Booty Daddy said, the women's match was something else. I don't agree at all with who went over as Mascha has TONS of upside, but perhaps they give her a rematch quickly here and she dominates and goes over. I hope.
I'm guessing maybe they're saving Masha as the person to retire Mickie James? Masha's young enough where I feel like not winning the Knockouts title on her first try isn't too big of a deal. Plus "retiring" a top 10 all time North American woman's wrestler is as big if not bigger than winning a title.

Counterpoint though is you really want to build up Masha, she could've done BOTH.