Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Cain Velasquez arrested for attempted murder

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I read on Twitter that he accidentally shot the father of the accused molester but it is Twitter so Idk.

Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to kill someone and shooting their dad instead, yea you're going to jail for that.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Defiantly going to wait for all the facts to come out before picking one side, or the other.

Reactions: SFH

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Defiantly going to wait for all the facts to come out before picking one side, or the other.
I know it's a typo, but I love the image of YNA sitting in a chair, arms crossed, and gruffly saying "I'm waiting for all the facts" over and over as others plead for him to pick a side.

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that I've done more research...

Former UFC heavyweight champion, Cain Velasquez, will be arraigned this afternoon for shooting a man in an attempt to murder another man who has been charged with molesting Velasquez’s close family member.

Velasquez, 39, fired a handgun multiple times into a truck carrying Harry Goularte, and two older relatives and rammed the truck with his truck. Goularte’s male relative, 63, was struck once, but expected to survive.

Velasquez is charged with attempted, premeditated murder, and other related charges. He will be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. in Department 23 at the Hall of Justice in San Jose. He could face incarceration if convicted.

Velasquez began shooting at the victims at Cochran Road and Butterfield Boulevard in Morgan Hill around 3:00 p.m. Monday. Velasquez, driving a Ford truck, followed the victims’ Chevrolet Silverado truck, driven by Goularte’s stepfather. During the 11-mile, high speed chase through busy streets into San Jose, Velasquez rammed his truck into the Silverado and fired multiple rounds with his registered .40 handgun. A female passenger in the Silverado called 911 for help.

Yeah dude send him to prison. He could have shot anyone and killed them, could have rammed them into a pedestrian somewhere, and he just didn't care.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Agreed. Justifiable motivation, IMO, but endangering bystanders and unaffiliated parties is shitty.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

Both outlets report through multiple sources that one of the alleged victims is closely related to Velasquez. NBC Bay Area says court documents note that the alleged abuse on Velasquez’s family member may have happened “100 times.”
And this dude is free on bail?!

Staff member
Reaction score
He hasn't been convicted of anything. Isn't that what everyone wanted a few years ago, to keep people out of jail while awaiting trial? Bail was 50k and they paid it. Well now we're seeing the ramifications of that. Everything isn't so black and white, obviously he should have still been in jail, but he hasn't been convicted and we've had a huge push to free people from incarceration before the accused are convicted of something. People are going to slip through the cracks when we start loosening the standards of anything. I'm not defending a pedophile but I think it needs to be pointed out that some of these pushes are gonna lead to more pedophiles winding up on the street.

You still don't try to kill the dude's family though. That shit is nuts.