Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Celebrity Fighting

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I barely knew who Logan Paul was before this whole fighting turn. I'll always like seeing him get destroyed.

Vitor will get stomped, won't he?

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
“I had the opportunity to fight in Cage Warriors but I couldn't pass up the money Jake was offering,” Taylor told Betway Insider US. “I’m getting paid more money as Jake's training partner in two months than I made in my whole entire MMA career in six years. I swear to God, I made more money with Jake in two months than my whole MMA career.

“That’s disturbing when you think about it, because I fought for Bellator. I’ve fought two top five contenders in Bellator and I had a good run. It’s time to take it up a notch and fight for the UFC.”

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So it looks like there is a whole generation/group of people out there who were shocked by Tyron Woodley fighting timid, getting backed up and throwing the occasional punch en route to a decision loss. History is not going to be kind to that dude.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
These are the same people who thought Askren was going to knock someone out standing.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
These are the same people who thought Askren was going to knock someone out standing.

I think people were hopeful or Askren, but mma fans knew he was dead meat walking. I put a good bet against him because I would take anyone young, and athletic, with moderate boxing training to crush him in the ring.

I kept away from this one. Woodley has been a shell of his former self for years.

I’m sure Paul will do his usual thing; call out the Diaz bothers, Conor, Stipe, and then end up fighting Josh Koscheck or some other washed mma fighter.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just wonder how long this gimmick will last before Jake Paul has to fight someone with decent boxing training. I guess his hope is by the time that people are sick of him going against washed, weak punching MMA guys, he'll be skilled enough to go against someone who is actually a decent boxer? Idk. I have a hard time seeing him putting himself in a position where he knows there's a good chance he's going to get clobbered even if I feel like that'd be a draw...

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Depends on how much money they throw at Paul for a fight. Is there anyone with name recognition at cruiserweight/light heavy?

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Depends on how much money they throw at Paul for a fight. Is there anyone with name recognition at cruiserweight/light heavy?
Not really anyone who is a draw. Joe Smith Jr is probably the top American at that weight but is an unknown to anyone who doesn't regularly watch.

Askren, whom I admittedly expected to last longer than he did, rolled over completely. There were some people thinking that Woodley was going to get rolled over the same way and while I didn't really think he was a lock to win, it certainly wasn't surprising to me that he lasted the distance. Didn't @The Art of Postin' make a bet with me that Paul would finish him?

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I did make that bet, I gotta watch the first few episodes of Gomorrah. I’m a man of my word, though the conditions were a bit vague. Let’s say four.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Going to the Royce Gracie school of "I almost got schooled so I'm going to retire undefeated before I become completely exposed.
As annoying/unlikable as they are, the Paul Brothers are not stupid. Like I said earlier, it's hard to imagine any scenario where they'd put themselves in a situation where they could easily get their asses kicked.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
As annoying/unlikable as they are, the Paul Brothers are not stupid. Like I said earlier, it's hard to imagine any scenario where they'd put themselves in a situation where they could easily get their asses kicked.
I mean if Canelo Alvarez or someone threw stupid money out there for a fight, they'd have to take it. But barring a big "cash out" fight like that, yeah.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jake Paul wouldn't take a fight with Canelo for any amount of money unless it was brokered in advance that it be a carry job like Mayweather did with his brother.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Jake Paul wouldn't take a fight with Canelo for any amount of money unless it was brokered in advance that it be a carry job like Mayweather did with his brother.
Plus Floyd is more of a businessman in that sense. No guarantee that Canelo would be willing to put on the act there.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Who woulda thought that guy would get involved with something like celebrity boxing

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m surprised he waited eight whole months after leaving office to guest commentate a celebrity boxing match.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And the promoters and trumps are using the date of the event as disgustingly as possible.