Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Celebrity Fighting

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
This fight is either pointless or it's a farce. If Evander beats Belfort, what point is there in a former champion beating an old rookie? If Belfort wins, seeing a 58 year old get his ass handed to him is sad. And if it goes the distance they've held back and people paid money for another glorified exhibition. And the inclusion of the Trump family certainly does not lend any goodwill toward the promotion.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, at least De La Hoya, you had the potential that Vitor would pummel an annoying loudmouthed 48 year old cokehead. I don't see any satisfaction in watching a near 60 year old Holyfield fight. It was depressing to watch Evander box 15 YEARS AGO!

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
People don’t look at it like any of that. They just wanna see big names from their childhood.

I’ve talked about this at length, but I don’t mind celeb fighting if there’s a semblance of even matchmaking. But Evander has the body and mind of an 80 year old, regardless of how fit he looks. as long as commissions are run by stupid people who think his experience from thirty five years ago somehow qualifies him to get sanctioned, nothing will change.

I’m not gonna guilt someone for watching it, it’s society’s fault for allowing it.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There was no more trumpian 'celebration' of 9/11 than a 59 year old American Olympian getting destroyed by a gassed up Brazilian.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Frank Gore is a pretty big name but his brain is probably mashed potatoes at this point. If he’s not trained properly and ends up in there with someone good, it could get ugly.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
METALLICA is also playing a full set.

so it’s essentially bare knuckle fighting but with some type of gloves? Alright.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Genuinely curious to see how this plays out. I think we all hope Anderson Silva beats his ass and we see the Usos Vs The Pauls at Crown Jewel 2023.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Genuinely curious to see how this plays out. I think we all hope Anderson Silva beats his ass and we see the Usos Vs The Pauls at Crown Jewel 2023. the main event of Wrestlemania 39.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd love to be proven wrong but we're more likely to see Jake Paul hold a legitimate boxing title than we are to see a Tag Team Title match main event WrestleMania!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jake Paul won and called out Nate Diaz. So we'll have to wait at least a few more months for Pauls Vs Usos.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How did one judge score it 75/74 and the other two 75/73, I don’t follow boxing but that one judge may have had incentive to do so hmm