Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Cereal

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
Peanut Butter Cheerios and Dulce de Leche Cheerios have arrived. Back in my day, all we had was plain Cheerios, and Honey Nut. Then Apple Cinnamon came along, which was just enough of a different flavor to be a decent addition. Now there are approximately 70 varieties. Shopping was so much easier back then. I didn't have to agonize over which flavor to try, and keep track of the ones I've had and hadn't had yet. I think that guy who wrote The Paradox of Choice must be in a continual state of laughter and weeping.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
I think the huge amount of new flavors<notice most of them are being put on the cereals that were more plain/healthier> is because those who grew up eating all the crazy sugary cereals are now going into their 30's<yes they've been around alot longer than that but I think in the 80's the amount of those really exploded> and want to eat better but still want the taste of the sugary cereals.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
Dulce de Leche Cheerios aren't that great; caramel & crunchy are just not that good of a mix.
Apple Cinnamon still kicks ass. I don't think I've ever had Honey Nut Cheerios, which is odd.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Apple Cinammon Cheerios are the best (and I still have the old commercial jingle stuck in my head). I like the Chocolate Cheerios alright. Have not seen the new two, although Dulce does not sound appealing to me.

Think BlackFlagg is pretty spot on. Noticed like 18 different kinds of Special K at the store this week. Picked up a few boxes because they were running 4 for $10 plus free milk. Hopefully the cereal variety will not induce panic attacks in my morning routine.

LPM

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I eat this stuff every morning:

boxshot_raisin_date_pecan.png

It's fantastic. Not the healthiest breakfast, but pretty good for a cereal when paired with Skim Milk.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Don't ask me why, but I used to mix Corn Pops and Raisin Bran. Found it delicious. Rarely eat cereal anymore at all

Staff member
Reaction score
Just ate the worst Raisin Bran bowl in history. I feel like I might get HIV.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Waffle Crisp would be in my Top 5 somewhere in my list...

#1: Honey Nut Cheerios
#2: Waffle Crisp
#3: Corn Pops
#4: Golden Grahams
#5: Lucky Charms/Cookie Crisp (Tie. CC are more a special cereal for me that I get rarely)

tumblr_lg3kyzuwSa1qcmn28o1_400.jpg

Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing happened, but it had this strange taste. Don't know why I kept eating it.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Which beloved TSM poster buys his cereal from Amaz-oh, wait, it's gotta be Kamala

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't eaten cereal in at least 3 years.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I bought a box of Peanut Butter Toast Crunch. It should be called Ass Toast Crunch.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
You ever notice that the General Mills monsters could represent the Father (Count Chocula), The Son (Frankenberry - created immaculately by the Count), and the Holy Ghost (Boo Berry)?

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I originally asked my friend (who was eating Boo Berry) if those were supposed to be the souls of Count Chocula's victims, but he correctly pointed out his victims would also be chocolate vampires, therefore Count Chocula cereal is a box of victims stuck in their chocolate bat transformation.

BurningPirateShipSex

BurningPirateShipSex
Reaction score
So are the ghosts in Boo Berry the souls of people who have died from Diabetes-related complications brought on by eating Boo Berry?