Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Child's Play Remake & Child's Play TV Series Discussion

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Next Big Comedy Star said:
Gary said:
So apparently, this new one isn't too bad.

I'm not seeing this in theaters but it's down to 60% which is three points higher than Pet Sematary 2019. I thought that movie stunk so based on this and some of what I heard, it looks about as useless and pointless as the PS remake.
Just saw it. I don't know if it needed to be remade, but it's also definitely better than the "Pet Sematary" remake. It has some notable flaws (some unneeded CG (though thankfully kept to a minimum), some of the stuff with the kids felt like it was trying to capitalize on "Stranger Things" and I feel like it doesn't totally commit to the AI part of it's premise) but I found it to be surprisingly fun, and for me it probably counts as one of the better entries in the franchise. It's not the original, but as it is the movie is better than I thought it would be.

Also,
THIS IS FOR TUPAC!!!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I liked the pilot well enough but it was clearly setting up the season itself so it won't wow anybody from the get-go IMO. I'll give this another couple episodes and see where it goes.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Enjoyed the 1st season a lot (got much stronger in the 2nd half). Season 2 drops on 10/5!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Season 2's been equally solid. Love the homages to other shows and the "intro" with various items making up the Chucky name is one of my favorite things of the last 2 years, period. So innovative and cool.

Love the Devon Sawa playing multiple roles thing too, kinda goofy but he's such a solid actor it works.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Wasn't there an actor who played two roles in the previous season as well? Or maybe it was that he played a doctor in one of the last films and then the father of one of the main characters in the first season (and got killed by the vicious spree of Chucky in the movie theater).

This seems to be a trend with this show for sure

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Season 3 was just okay, as I felt like it lost a bit after its start but Season 4 is returning October 4th.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So I'm planning a deep dive rewatch of the Child's Play films next month....including reading through this book as I rewatch them, I just ordered this week....

This is done by the same guys who did the great Taking Shape books on the Halloween films, as well as Slash of the Titans (FvJ history).

Dont have alot of expectations for season 3 as I felt like the second took a bit of a hit compared to the first season. The multiple Chucky stuff just got a bit bloated and unfocused, but hoping perhaps they can break out of that and get a bit back to basics with things in this upcoming one. Still hoping somehow someway we get returning characters from the franchise too. The black kid from Childs Play 3 would be a trip to see back in the fold, and of course Catherine Hicks (long shot)

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm planning a deep dive rewatch of the Child's Play films next month....including reading through this book as I rewatch them, I just ordered this week....

This is done by the same guys who did the great Taking Shape books on the Halloween films, as well as Slash of the Titans (FvJ history).
Picked up the book and really glad I did. Awesome, very in-depth read. Not big on Halloween as a franchise so I'll probably skip that but thanks for the recommendation :)