Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Chips: Your favorite brand/flavor ever?

bigolsmitty

stares Trick Daddily
Reaction score
I would probably eat everything in this thread. I can eat the shit out of some chips. Those jalapeno krunchers sound good, also, whoever mentioned some bacon and something or another chips. I can eat plain chips in a bind, but prefer some flavor.

What about weird flavors? I would like to try crab chips or ketchup chips, but we don't have those around my parts.

Also, Czech, I don't know if you like him, but Stephen Colbert was pimping that Dorito flavor for some time and it was pretty hilarious.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ketchup chips don't really taste that much different than barbecue chips to be honest. The brands I've had were a little more tangy, like they blended BBQ and Salt and Vinegar together. I haven't seen them in years. Humpty Dumpty used to have 'em. According to their website, they still make them but I guess they stopped distributing it to the U.S.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
While at Walmart today I had a hankering for some Pringles, but sadly they didn't have any flavors I wanted in stock. But what I need notice was that the "Pringles Lite" made with Olestra were a full two dollars more than normal Pringles. So not only will they make you shit your pants, but you're paying more than double the price for the honor of shitting your pants!

Twisted Intestine

Integral Poster
Reaction score
bigolsmitty said:
I would probably eat everything in this thread. I can eat the shit out of some chips. Those jalapeno krunchers sound good, also, whoever mentioned some bacon and something or another chips. I can eat plain chips in a bind, but prefer some flavor.

What about weird flavors? I would like to try crab chips or ketchup chips, but we don't have those around my parts.

Also, Czech, I don't know if you like him, but Stephen Colbert was pimping that Dorito flavor for some time and it was pretty hilarious.

Ketchup is a weird flavour? Do you not eat ketchup with your french fries? It's one of the normal flavours where I'm from. The most popular chips that they have everywhere are Plain, Ketchup, Salt and Vinegar, All Dressed, Sour cream and onion, bbq.

BAcon, now there's a weird flavour.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I'm not much of a Pringles person. Probably because it was the only kind of chips my parents bought for a good few years in the recent past.

Are we counting Funyons as a chip? If so, add those to the list.

Also, co-signed on the Chicken in a Biskit.

bigolsmitty

stares Trick Daddily
Reaction score
TI, I just said in that post that we don't have ketchup chips where I'm from.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes to Chicken in a Biskit. I usually put some canned cheese on that bitch and call it a day. As for Pringles, I'm pretty much the only one in my family that likes them.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chicken-in-a-Biskit is one of the great bad foods. They're terrible! I used to eat them anyway! But they're crackers, not chips, as Agent said. They're so artificially delicious. The other great thing about them is you can sing "Chicken-in-a-Biskit" to the tune of "Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang."

One time in middle school, I was dropped off at a sleepover and had been munching on a box of those in the car. The parents asked if their house was so bereft of food that I had to resort to bringing a box of Chicken-in-a-Biskits just to survive. I think they were being facetious, but I felt really bad.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
ha.

When I eat these things, it's like I lose all semblance of a human living in society. I mean, I just stuff comic handfulls of them into my mouth, whether they fit or not. You know how people ridiculous-messily eat things in commercials and shit? That's how I handle my Chicken in a Biskit. Wipe my hand on my shirt/pants/couch; the whole thing. They do something to me.

dx1997

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anyone ever tried those BK Chips? I've seen them around, but I don't know if I want French Fries Ketchup Flavor in a bag.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pringles Select, Bold Crunch: Buffalo Wings! Its like these bitches were soaked in Frank's hot sauce! They're actually pretty low fat/calorie as well, which makes it even better.

037000210412.jpg

Also, some honourable mentions:

c7wrfp2m_small.jpg

Crispers-AllDressed.jpg

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
dubq said:
Pringles Select, Bold Crunch: Buffalo Wings! Its like these bitches were soaked in Frank's hot sauce! They're actually pretty low fat/calorie as well, which makes it even better.

037000210412.jpg

The flavor doesn't appeal to me, but whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa stop the presses. Pringles sold in a BAG? I've never seen that in my life.

Rendclaw

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have to stay away from Lays's Kettle cooked chips, Cape Cod Kettle cooked chips, and Lay's Dill pickle. I'll put on 10 lbs. easy, especially since I am not working now

----------------
Now playing: podcast
via FoxyTunes

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Smues said:
dubq said:

037000210412.jpg

The flavor doesn't appeal to me, but whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa stop the presses. Pringles sold in a BAG? I've never seen that in my life.
Oh yeah, that stuff's been out for awhile now. They don't have the same size/shape/texture as the regular Pringles either.

pringles_select.jpg

darthtiki

$100 Bills hangin' out of my pocket
Reaction score
Kettle Brand pretty much owns my soul. Honorable mention go to Cheddar & Sour Cream Ruffles, Chili Chese Fritos, Taco Supreme & Cool Ranch Doritos. Lays used to have an Adobadas flavored chip in the late 90's that were great.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Target brand...excuse me, Archer Farms pita chips plus any brand of hummus is my go-to snack nowadays.

DerangedHermit

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cape Cod - pretty much everything especially their Cheddar and Sour Cream, regular, Garlic Parmesan and BBQ flavors

Doritos Cooler Ranch or Spicy Nacho

Baked Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream or Baked Lays BBQ

Tato Skins/TGI Friday's Potato Skins

North Fork Chips: http://northforkchips.com/

Nature's Promise (Stop and Shop/Giant's natural/organic brand) Cracked Black Pepper Tortilla Chips

special k

Very Active Poster
Reaction score
3621750368_f37cc0532a.jpg

It's all about Tim's Cascade. They're basically kettle-cooked chips. They're quite greasy, but they're absurdly crunchy and flavorful, even the basic salted flavor. I think it's because they're fried in peanut oil.

Beyond that, Sun Chips and Munchos are very good. I don't eat a lot of chips. Cheetos cheddar and jalapeno are really good too, not as chemical tasting as the other cheetos. And I've always had a thing for Ruffles cheddar and sour cream. Very good.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
They'd put Archer Farms in the break room at Target when they hit the sell by date. Never found a flavor I liked.

dx1997

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DerangedHermit said:
Cape Cod - pretty much everything especially their Cheddar and Sour Cream, regular, Garlic Parmesan and BBQ flavors

Doritos Cooler Ranch or Spicy Nacho

Baked Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream or Baked Lays BBQ

Tato Skins/TGI Friday's Potato Skins

North Fork Chips: http://northforkchips.com/

Nature's Promise (Stop and Shop/Giant's natural/organic brand) Cracked Black Pepper Tortilla Chips

I need to know more on this bolded flavor. Was this a "test" run or is it widely released? I've never heard of this one.

Edit, right after I typed this, I just saw that it's apparently called Cooler Ranch in the states, yet up here in Canada it's Cool Ranch? C'mon, we need to all be on the same page here.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Humpty Dumpty BBQ. Old Dutch, when buying out HD two years ago, was smart enough to realize how good HDBBQ were and kept the recipe the same. There's too many sweet-tasting BBQ chips out there, Lay's specifically. Lay's Old-Fashioned BBQ still came up short.

BBQ Fritos are probably my go-to snack.

dx1997

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Agreed, badass is the Humpty Dumpty BBQ. I like em hot like that, although there is nothing wrong with Lays' style, but HD takes it.