Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Chips: Your favorite brand/flavor ever?

Red Baron

I have a new hat.
Reaction score
Those crazy Brits and their Steak and Onion chips and Prawns and Cocktail sauce chips. They're addicting.

LPM

Integral Poster
Reaction score
dubq said:
c7wrfp2m_small.jpg

Hickory Sticks! I love these. Messy to eat, but awesome. I also love All Dressed chips...Ruffles and Old Dutch did them well.

Are the Ranch Doritos still around? I loved those back in high school.

phoenixrising

Active Poster
Reaction score
Doritos Cool Ranch. Now and forever.

Garden Salsa and French Onion Sun Chips.

More Doritos - Nacho Cheese and Spicy Nacho.

Lay's BBQ Potato Chips.

Pringles Sour Cream and Onion.

Baked Cheddar Ruffles.

bigolsmitty

stares Trick Daddily
Reaction score
image_doritosblackpepperjack1.jpg

fiery-habanero.jpg

Those bitches at Frito-Lays like killing my dreams.

Now I see flavors like Toasted Corn & Atomic Chile Limon and this flavor collision bullshit.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jay's barbecue is miles ahead of Lay's barbecue, you chip philistines.

I killed a whole bag of jalapeno Krunchers during Maff chat last week. The Krunchers returned the favor. I had a bad week, you guys.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My favorite BBQ chips are Humpty Dumpty. Actually kind of, sort of tastes like BBQ! Lays just tastes like sauce.

I don't think I've had Jay's...isn't it a Chicagoland thingy?

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've spotted them as far north as Waukesha, for whatever it's worth.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When Czech said Jay's Barbecue, I thought he was referring to Bush's Baked Beans...

Anyways, yeah, I've seen Jay's Chips in Michigan but I haven't had any in a long time. Pretty sure I didn't like them that much though.

bigolsmitty

stares Trick Daddily
Reaction score
I think Iran is currently developing Mike-Sells secretly. Of course, the regime denies this.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Road through Pennsylvania usually result in a few bags of some Herr's honey BBQ flavoured chip being picked up from a service centre.

Reaction score
I have to agree with Smitty 10000% on Black Pepper Jack doritos. I like nacho and zesty, and basically no other flavors, until I found these; so of course, they took them away. Pricks.

Kinetic

Kinetic
Reaction score
Rendclaw said:
Yeah, kinda like Faygo... definitely a midwest thing.

A lot of disreputable convenience stores across the country carry Faygo to, I guess, cater to the Juggalo market. I've seen it at stores both in the south and up here, so I'm assuming it's everywhere.

When I worked at one of those very disreputable convenience stores, my favorite post-shift snack was Andy Capp's Hot Fries.

Vampiro69

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Blazing Buffalo Doritos. They are so damn addicting. I can't keep them in the house or I will destroy the bag in a day or two.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have trouble distinguishing between reputable and disreputable convenience stores. What are some helpful hints?

Though I do know Bloomington-Normal has the world's best gas stations. Even David Foster Wallace backed me up on this.

Kinetic

Kinetic
Reaction score
If you see a display of small glass roses near the counter area, there's a good chance that you're in a disreputable convenience store. Seeing a lot of people who don't work there milling around in a room behind the counter is also usually a pretty good tip-off.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think all my local stores are on the up and up, though there's one by me that advertises "free Brewer's [sic] tickets" and I know there has to be a catch.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think it depends on the location. Near a highway exit...generally good. A few miles into town...it's a crap shoot. Blue Canoes are the finest gas station convenience store I've seen in years. They have a milkshake machine for pete's sake! A milkshake machine! I don't think I'll ever get one but it's good to know if I ever get a serious craving for a milkshake and can't drive 20 feet more over to the McDonald's next door that it's there for me.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
I think it depends on the location. Near a highway exit...generally good. A few miles into town...it's a crap shoot. Blue Canoes are the finest gas station convenience store I've seen in years. They have a milkshake machine for pete's sake! A milkshake machine! I don't think I'll ever get one but it's good to know if I ever get a serious craving for a milkshake and can't drive 20 feet more over to the McDonald's next door that it's there for me.

Sounds like "Sheetz" (I can't believe I actually get image hit referrals from people searching "Sheetz Milkshake Machine").

Reaction score
You know, I seriously don't think I've ever heard anyone use the phrase Blue Canoe to describe an Irving convenience store, despite the fact that that IS their name.

They're everywhere around here, but the only time I hear anyone use the term Blue Canoe is in the phrase "Why the fuck did Irving change the name of their stores to Blue Canoe? It's a fucking Irving station!" They just changed the name a while ago, so everyone still calls them Irvings.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Metal Maniac said:
You know, I seriously don't think I've ever heard anyone use the phrase Blue Canoe to describe an Irving convenience store, despite the fact that that IS their name.

They're everywhere around here, but the only time I hear anyone use the term Blue Canoe is in the phrase "Why the fuck did Irving change the name of their stores to Blue Canoe? It's a fucking Irving station!" They just changed the name a while ago, so everyone still calls them Irvings.

I don't know how it is in the Maritimes but here in Maine, there's regular Irvings convenience stores (which are just kind of average, run of the mill gas station convenience stores) and Blue Canoes (which I think are pretty awesome). There aren't really much of the former around anymore. There was one near the college I went to my freshman year...it's soda fountain only had like four sodas!

Captain of Outer Space

reaching for the sky just to surrender
Reaction score
Before being bought out by Lays, Hostess, Ruffles and O'Ryan had some of the best Sour Cream and Onion chips in the early-mid 90s.