Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Chips: Your favorite brand/flavor ever?

dx1997

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried these?

IMG_2539.JPG

Was looking up some Doritos flavors and saw this.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new "Mr. Dragon's Fire" wasabi flavored Doritos? Saw them in a convenience store the other day but didn't buy them because they only had the big bag.

wasabi_doritos_j96.jpg

Apparently it was a popular flavor in Asia which has been brought over to the states. The package was a lot different, it had an oriental style dragon and an old man on it.

also, a Chinese Dorito bag

196870113_7255e75e5d.jpg

lol

the max

Soxy
Reaction score
The glass rose thing is a good one. Same with brillo pads and big bongs for "tobacco use only". They know their clientele and likely do a lot of shitty smokes and drug paraphenilia.

Also, if they have older coolers that look like they were made in 1979, you're in a shitty store, buy your soda but don't touch anything. They get deliveries from Coke and Pepsi and other vendors but any of the other perishables are bought in and that can of coffee has probably been sitting in that same place on the shelf for 5 years.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
finally tried the wasabi doritos

they're actually pretty awesome. waaaaaaay better than I expected. the heat is pretty mild but you get a little kick from it, and it's got a good salty wasabi flavor.

I can see why these are so popular over in Asia

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like wasabi peas. I eat them more often than chips now. Since I don't know anywhere else to put it, I tried some freeze dried okra last night. Very crunchy, very weird.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
How did the "racist Venkman" meme start? Was it when he picked on that poor AZN fratboy at the old board?

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's not even that I feel bad for Venkman—who, to his credit, seems to take it in good humor—but any comedy value this meme had expired ages ago.

As for this thread, I like Sun Chips. I don't know if I've already mentioned that.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sun Chips are a sensible chip. BUT NOT AS SENSIBLE AS RANDY ORTON. venkmansracist

Sweet Spicy Chili Doritos are my new favorite, since Jay's barbecue aren't what they used to be.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I loved Doritos growing up, but I have no taste for them now. Especially any of their chips that are supposed to taste like other foods, cheeseburgers or whatnot. Those, regardless of brand, are disgusting.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
Incandenza said:
It's not even that I feel bad for Venkman—who, to his credit, seems to take it in good humor—but any comedy value this meme had expired ages ago.

As for this thread, I like Sun Chips. I don't know if I've already mentioned that.
Sun Chips are the shit. I fucking love them.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was eating Andy Capp's Hot Fries before bed the other night (hmmm...drinking was involved). They might be my #1 food guilty pleasure. It never ends well when I eat these things but this time it ended up with my poo having almost the same unnatural day glo orange color as these delectable spicy Cheeto knockoffs :eek:

(I can tell already someone will edit this post to make it look like I was talking about eating my own fecal matter.)

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That post doesn't need additional editing to maximize embarrassment.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Incandenza said:
That was really bad, YPOV.

I was making fun of people that always pull that tired old meme out, i thought the lol made that clear. I never got that gag and as a result never found it funny. However, if you think my way of making fun of the people that constantly pull it out was really bad, well I have no answer for that.

And we had an Asian fratboy?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
dubq said:
Pringles Select, Bold Crunch: Buffalo Wings! Its like these bitches were soaked in Frank's hot sauce! They're actually pretty low fat/calorie as well, which makes it even better.

037000210412.jpg

FUUUUUCK. I think these are discontinued now. Haven't been able to find them anywhere for at least 4 months, and counting. Very weird, too, since they were such a popular item. =\

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wacko Walrus said:
If they were so popular, then how come they're discontinued?
I knew this would be here when I saw that the last post was by Wacko Walrus. I love you! :p

Rendclaw

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Doritos had the best Sour Cream and Onion flavor back in the 70s, when Avery Schrieber ruled the commercials along with Mr. Whipple.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Probably memories of Ali Landry's commercials to sell them.

I assume they are awful but I want to try the "Late Night Snack" (or whatever it's called) line of Cheeseburger Doritos. Generally I only see them in the giant bags which seems a bit much to invest in a chip I may not even like. The Jalapeno Popper flavour is available in standard bags though.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I meant in terms of having a bag of chips that won't get eaten if they're no good. $4.51 just seems like a lot to spend on food that has the potential to be thrown right in the garbage. I have no problem throwing a much smaller chip bag away.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I see the smaller bags of Burger Doritos in service stations all the time.

sbofn

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Am I to understand that Toasted Corn Doritos are identical to ordinary tortilla chips? If so, why do they exist?

My favorite ever would be the long discontinued Salsa Verde Doritos. Nowadays, it's probably Jalapeno Crunchers.