Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Chips: Your favorite brand/flavor ever?

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They had a sale on all potato chips at this little discount organic/natural foods store (fuckin' Vermont) downtown and I picked up some surprisingly great gluten-free jalapeno cheddar chips by some company called Boulder Canyon. I also picked up some chipotle barbecue flavored Kettle Brand chips. I really should have picked up some more. 99 cents for high fallutin kettle chips that usually cost $3 or $4 a bag.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
SBofn said:
Am I to understand that Toasted Corn Doritos are identical to ordinary tortilla chips? If so, why do they exist?

I think they existed 20 years ago too in some experiment.

Right now in Canada we have test flavours Onion Rings and Ketchup and Buffalo Wings with Ranch.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
DrVenkman PhD said:
SBofn said:
Am I to understand that Toasted Corn Doritos are identical to ordinary tortilla chips? If so, why do they exist?

I think they existed 20 years ago too in some experiment.

Right now in Canada we have test flavours Onion Rings and Ketchup and Buffalo Wings with Ranch.

onion ring and ketchup DORITOS!?!

man, the best flavours always get test marketed in places I don't live :(

I tried the new (old) pizza and taco doritos. decent enough on both counts, but definitely the kind of thing where I can only handle about 20 chips max before I'm sick of them. I know dorito marks had been begging for these flavours to be brought back, but I'm not enough of a connoisseur to know if the formula is the same. I'm pretty sure the taco ones were different from "late night taco", not as busy in the flavour department

I just want them to bring back the original monterey jack, is that so wrong :(

Reaction score
I hate how Doritos is constantly coming out with, and removing, old flavors.

The only non-Zesty Doritios I've ever liked were Black Pepper Jack and Spice 2.0, neither of which I can find anymore. Assholes.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's a new Sun Chip I've seen...a pepper jack / jalapeño flavor that is actually pretty good.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
OH SHIT

sunchips-jalapeno-jack.gif

Saw these for the first time today. I WANT I WANT I WANT.

Anyone have them yet?

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've had 'em. They're actually pretty good. Bit of a kick from the mixture of Jack / Jalapeno but nothing that's too overpowering. Wouldn't mind picking up another bag of these from the corner store today..

Rendclaw

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dill Pickle Krunchers are now the best chip on the planet IMO. After finding dill pickle Lay's on the road, they don;t come anywhere near measuring up.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Whenever someone busts out some Wheat Thins, you think, "Oh these will be good" because if one of my friends is busting out Wheat Thins we're drinking and high and who knows what but that initial thought you had is quickly proven wrong.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I ate plain ol' Wheat Thins. I usually get these:

wheatthinstoastedfuckingchipsfuckyou.jpg

those and the Garden Valley Veggie flavor are straight tits.