Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Chips: Your favorite brand/flavor ever?

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I'm guessing from the mockery, that its been out for awhile down in the States and been mentioned in this thread already?

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Okay, so its just I'm very blind. I totally did not see that post.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I heard that Lays has a bag of chips called Salt & Vinegar out. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ate some Kettle Cooked Hawaiian Onion chips by Krunchers! today. Have had them in the past and they are quite tasty. $2.50 at Food Lion so it was hard to pass up.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm glad RedBaron brought up PC chips. They have a vast selection (I bet 10 or 12 different varieties), but no traditional flavours per se. This reminded me of two specific chip flavours, and their subsequent downfall.

PC's "Ballpark Hotdog" were on display the Sunday morning of Week 14 of this past NFL season. I was already drunk, so a stop at No Frills on my way home from the bar (I do a pool there, jerks) made sense. Who in their right mind would turn down anything flavoured "Ballpark Hotdog"? In my case, who not in their right mind, either? I digress. These were good, but they're not a chip you can eat a bag of over the course of a Sunday afternoon. They get gross in a hurry. Ironically, I suspect they'd be perfect for a BBQ, where you can have a handful at a time among other dip and platter-type items.

Along the same lines, my old man introduced me to Doritos' Late Night Cheeseburger during Week 2 of the very same past season. Spectacular. BUT! I fell asleep on the loveseat (!) immediately following SNF. Drunk (and therefore hungover the next morning), on a loveseat, with five hours sleep, with an open bag of DLNC near my head - who wants to guess how awful I felt the next morning? Not the chips' fault, but I haven't been back.

Reaction score
So yesterday I was in Iceland on a layover. I saw some Doritos for sale. What stuck out to me was that they don't have Cool Ranch - They have Cool American. Struck me as odd.

tonyjaymz03

Kinsey
Reaction score
The Metal Maniac said:
So yesterday I was in Iceland on a layover. I saw some Doritos for sale. What stuck out to me was that they don't have Cool Ranch - They have Cool American. Struck me as odd.

Well, Americans are cool....

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Has anybody tried Zapps potato chips? They're from Louisiana, kettle cooked in peanut oil and they have awesome flavors. I tried Cajun Crawdad and Voodoo Gumbo, and apparently the Jalapeno and Tomato Tabasco varieties are incredible as well

Found them at a Big Lots store. They always have tons of shit that's produced in Louisiana....hot sauces, chips, pickled stuff, canned meat products.....it's p sweet

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
stacys-pita-chips-215x300.png

These are the only chips I buy anymore.