Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Chips: Your favorite brand/flavor ever?

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Yeah the cheddar jack ones are quite nice. I bought a box of the mozzarella, they're good, but they're not the type where I can sit with a box and just keep eating em, a handful or two and I've had enough.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, Cheez-Its are def. crackers. I don't think a cracker thread is going to get much play, so might as well just lump them in here.

pinnacle2.0

Martyr
Reaction score
Cheddar Jack are def. the shit. I tried the Baby Swiss ones too. Both are outstanding.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I think the only reason I ever ate Cheez-Its was due to Ghostbuster's product placement. I really felt like Egon eating some in the 80s.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I pulled a Kamala and bought a giant bag of Andy Capp Hot Fries

Yes, buying hot fries will now forever be known as "pulling a Kamala". The guy at the store looked at me weird when I said that.

Will report back if poop turns neon orange

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Nic-Cage-Ghost-Rider.jpg

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
ultiruffjalap01.png

These are a little disappointing. Not bad, but not as awesome as I'd hoped. They aren't spicy at all.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
Only good Japaleno chips are Cape Cod and Sun Chips. Every other brand is too bland and mild.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wipeoff said:
Miss Vickie's Jalapeno is pretty bomb too.

Agreed. Can also recommend this:

31E0ij3kE5L.jpg

which I had for the first time last night. Lives up to the "heat" part, for sure. Byron, you should be able to find them in the deli section at Publix.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is only of interest to me, Venkman, and whichever poster here is from the Canadian Maritimes but while I was at the convenience store up the street to pick up an iced tea, I grabbed a bag of Humpty Dumpty's newest flavor. Sour Cream and Clam. Why? Why!? :(

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
This is only of interest to me, Venkman, and whichever poster here is from the Canadian Maritimes but while I was at the convenience store up the street to pick up an iced tea, I grabbed a bag of Humpty Dumpty's newest flavor. Sour Cream and Clam. Why? Why!? :(

Sounds like a flavour that would proably not assist in getting humpty but probably cause you to take a funky dumpty.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I broke open the bag and honestly...I really enjoyed them. Actually, one of the best new chip flavors I've had in a while. It's the same idea as dipping a potato chip into clam dip without the fear of getting it on your shirt.

Captain of Outer Space

reaching for the sky just to surrender
Reaction score
For Canadians, the President's Choice line has been rolling out some real weird flavors: Feta and Olive, General Tso, Jerk Chicken, Piri Piri, etc, Loaded Hamburger, etc.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
That's been around for awhile. I loved most of the ones I tried, the Buffalo Wings and Blue Cheese is the best one. Way better than the standard Lays or Ruffles flavours.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
BK-HotFries.jpg

These are surprisingly not bad. Pretty airy, kind of dissolve in your mouth. Really vinegary, with a hot aftertaste. Worth trying if you like Andy Capp fries, veggie sticks and things of that nature

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DrVenkman said:
King Kamala said:

Sounds like a flavour that would proably not assist in getting humpty but probably cause you to take a funky dumpty.
humpty-dumpty-lobster-bisque.jpg

I got a bag of these. I feel like I should live blog eating them.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Update: These chips don't taste anything like lobster. Tastes like what I would imagine a tomato soup potato chip would taste. Kind of a disappointment. I thought it'd be either spectacularly good or spectacularly bad but it's neither. Just kind of OK.

However, if you find yourself in the Canadian Maritimes or Northern New England and find a bag of Humpty Dumpty's Sour Cream and Clam chips, I highly recommend giving them a try! Can't give those enough of an endorsement.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
They finally brought back Jumpin' Jack Doritos...Limited Edition of course, these are among my all time favorite chips and have been wanting them to come back, so yay.