Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

CXF Fantasy NBA 2021-22 - League Champ: MontanaToRice

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
If you want to keep less than 3 keepers, that is an option. You'll receive a lottery round pick for every unused keeper slot.

Will Scarlet

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nikola Jokic
James Harden
Anthony Davis

This season should definitely be a rollercoaster with these keepers.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I renewed that Yahoo league tonight. I sent a Team Transfer out to BZ for Alfdogg's former team on yahoo.

I'll bring it up in the new league thread again on September 1st, but you guys can start thinking about it now.

Couple of questions/topics for the new season.

#1. We really need a 9th stat category to help avoid having so many damn matchups end in ties. I personally hate the TO (turnovers) category that Yahoo uses as it's default 9th stat category. I'm kind of leaning towards DD (Double Doubles) as possibly a good option. I just know we need something. I always hoped yahoo would have added PER (Player Efficiency Rating), but they never have.

Here's a list of all the other stat categories that we currently don't use:
Games Played
Games Started
Minutes Played
Field Goals Attempted
Field Goals Made
Free Throws Attempted
Free Throws Made
3 point Shots Attempted
3 point Percentage
Offensive Rebounds
Defensive Rebounds
Turnovers
Assist/Turnover Ratio
Personal Fouls
Times Fouled Out
Technical Fouls
Ejections
Flagrant Fouls
Double Doubles
Triple Doubles

#2 There was some discussion on changing the format for when Add/Drop/Trade roster changes occur. We currently use a Daily - Tomorrow format. Where player adds/drops occur on the next day's lineup.
The other option would be to switch to a Daily - Today format where Add/Drops would take place on the current day's lineup prior to a player's game tipping-off. With the IL+ category existing now for game day injuries, this format could be better suited for us.

I'll be reposting this in the 2022-23 thread, but I wanted to get you guys thinking on it. If anyone has any other ideas let me know.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I renewed that Yahoo league tonight. I sent a Team Transfer out to BZ for Alfdogg's former team on yahoo.

I'll bring it up in the new league thread again on September 1st, but you guys can start thinking about it now.

Couple of questions/topics for the new season.

#1. We really need a 9th stat category to help avoid having so many damn matchups end in ties. I personally hate the TO (turnovers) category that Yahoo uses as it's default 9th stat category. I'm kind of leaning towards DD (Double Doubles) as possibly a good option. I just know we need something. I always hoped yahoo would have added PER (Player Efficiency Rating), but they never have.

Here's a list of all the other stat categories that we currently don't use:
Games Played
Games Started
Minutes Played
Field Goals Attempted
Field Goals Made
Free Throws Attempted
Free Throws Made
3 point Shots Attempted
3 point Percentage
Offensive Rebounds
Defensive Rebounds
Turnovers
Assist/Turnover Ratio
Personal Fouls
Times Fouled Out
Technical Fouls
Ejections
Flagrant Fouls
Double Doubles
Triple Doubles

#2 There was some discussion on changing the format for when Add/Drop/Trade roster changes occur. We currently use a Daily - Tomorrow format. Where player adds/drops occur on the next day's lineup.
The other option would be to switch to a Daily - Today format where Add/Drops would take place on the current day's lineup prior to a player's game tipping-off. With the IL+ category existing now for game day injuries, this format could be better suited for us.

I'll be reposting this in the 2022-23 thread, but I wanted to get you guys thinking on it. If anyone has any other ideas let me know.
I'd be good for including Double-Doubles. It'd balance the PG who can score/pass first with the PF who can more easily get the Points/Boards factor.

I also approve of the Daily - Today format to help for game day injuries, especially in the NBA where players can be "rested" at a moment's notice out of nowhere.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As far as a ninth category: TBH, I don't hate minutes played. Double-doubles just seems like it will over-value Centers and PF's. Ties in the regular season aren't a big deal, but the playoffs pose a problem. You will rarely ever tie in the percentage cats, so why not take the remaining cats and manually award the match to the player whose team had the best ratios in the tied cats? It will take some math, but if we only do it in the playoffs, it won't be too much extra work.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Yeah it all boils down to all those 4-4 ties in the playoffs being the worst thing ever. Regular season a 4-4 tie relly doesn't matter.

Ideally yahoo would let you select from more tie breaker options other than the two it has, highest seed wins or cumulative season matchup winner wins. To me highest PTS total in the playoff matchup should win the tiebreaker because that makeds the most sense for a basketball matchup.

I've been in leagues before where Total Rebounds is split between O-Rebs and D-Rebs. That puts an even bigger emphasis on bigs than double doubles. I didn't really like the split rebounds because it's pretty impossible to find specific O-Reb leaders. It just became something you didn't even consider. At least with double doubles, top assist PGs have a chance of registering it if they have a great game, but it is definitely a big heavy category.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I could live with PTS being the tie breaker. Or manually calculate the game score for everyone's team that week (without the PFs and TOs)

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I've had to manually calculate the past two years playoffs in some capacity. Not a fan of that. First with yahoo ending the year early from the covid bubble, and then last years finals from every semi-finals matchup ending in a 4-4 tie. The goal is for it to just be decided through yahoo.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Yahoo's only tiebreaker options for Head 2 Head is either Highest Seed Wins or Results from Regular Season Matchups.

It sucks having things decided potentially from a Week 5 matchup. It also sucks going by standings when a higher seed could actually be far worse due to injuries. It's a double edged sword unfortunately.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yahoo's only tiebreaker options for Head 2 Head is either Highest Seed Wins or Results from Regular Season Matchups.

It sucks having things decided potentially from a Week 5 matchup. It also sucks going by standings when a higher seed could actually be far worse due to injuries. It's a double edged sword unfortunately.

At least with the higher seed, you could be rewarded if you have a fluke injury or "rest" for one of your big dogs. If they were far worse, they wouldn't tie!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
New Thread: