Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

CXF NFL Dynasty Year 12 - 2024 Rookie Draft 5/4/24. Cut Date = 6/8/24. Need 1 Owner

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Year 7

And we have a winner: Hawk is sending current Bears QB Mitch Trubisky to me for future Bears QB Cam Newton. We're also swapping TE's: He's getting Kyle Rudolph who has been more productive recently and I'm getting Jeremy Sprinkle who only has an older, injured Vernon Davis in front of him (although I probably won't use Sprinkle this week).

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

Pretty interesting deal there. Does Cam come back healthy enough in future years? Does Trubisky remain a bust or does he find himself like last year? Rudolph is solid albeit old and I've always liked Sprinkle but he still hasn't been able to carve out a real role in Washington after 3 years.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Wow, 10-1. This season has been way better than I could've ever hoped. Here's hoping the good times keep happening.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

3 more weeks left with Tecmo, Le'Veon, Lions' Luck, and Steak all trying to vye for the 3rd and 4th final playoff spots.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

So which one of you assholes is going to knock me out of the playoffs? This year is going way too good for me to win it all.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

:'( Well there went my one loss to two. And so it begins. My maddeningly frustrating demise.

Honestly, congrats to whichever user it was who beat me. I'm not good with team to names, so whoever you are, kudos man.

Staff member
Reaction score

It was me. I now have the 5th most points and I'm 5-8. My team for next year is setting up pretty nice so I did a good job with that at least.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

909, congrats man. Well fought win and that sounds like me. I had a really good point total last season and just needed a really good off-season to kick start my great year this year.

I'm going to hate having to deal with you next season.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

My team was a dumpster fire as soon as Gordon held out and James Conner got beset by injury throughout the year. I've basically built my team for the future with a bunch of QB and RB acquisitions trying to see if I can hit on anybody.

I do have a couple rookie WRs on IR who could produce next year if they can hit their stride in Year 2 but I'm basically banking on somebody from the Myles Gaskin/Trayveon Williams/Bryce Love/Dexter Williams group doing anything to try and shore up my RB 3 spot.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Pretty epic last week of the regular season and final day.

I was down about 49 points to Steak going in to Monday. Ertz got me 48.20. Lost by 0.73 points!

With me losing, that put Flik in the driver's seat to get the #1 seed. All he had to do was beat Harley. Except, that OT TD pass from Wentz to Ertz gave Harley enough from starting Wentz to edge Flik by 3.46 points.

Oldskool punched his playoff ticket by defeating MFer in a win and you're in, lose and you're out matchup.

O.G. also made it in with his week 14 bye/ matchup against SaintsFan.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Yeah, my team is just falling a part at the seems at this late going. :( I'm going to cry if I fail taking home the trophy.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score

Three game losing streak got me to a win-and-in scenario and by dumb luck I pulled off the miracle win.

special thanks go out to Big Dick Nick Foles for getting injured and benched in the same season so I had two actual quarterbacks when it mattered most, and to Taysom Hill for getting me a random number of points every week during the interim

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Whelp. I survived Lamar Jackson and got away with starting a 0 player (didn't realize he was going IR). Now, just Random Heroes and I'll own my first title in this league.

Here goes nothing!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Good luck to both teams!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

It should be a battle. I doubt I will have or be able to trust using Chris Godwin this weekend with his hamstring injury. That shoves AJ Brown into my WR4. My Flex spot is completely undecided. I can't trust any of my 4 defenses. 2 are horrible matchups, and the other 2 are just pure gambles. My team has definitely been way more vulnerable the past month than it has been in a long time.

The quest for my 3rd straight title, 4th all time will be decided this weekend. All up to the players.

Also, I have to thank Harley for his Week 14 victory over Flik. Had Harley lost, I'd have been the #2 seed and would have lost by 0.73 points to Oldskool entirely due to Cleveland's D getting me -3.0 points. So thank you! Once again, every game matters!

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Here's hoping both teams show up and this isn't wipeout week. I'm a little worried with how many of my guys just got shoved onto the IR suddenly, so I ain't that safe either. I'm missing some key components for this fight as well. So hell, best team left standing might win this one at this point.

I got some important choices to make before Thursday and Saturday. Can't afford to leave any points on the side.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Whelp, I put up the usual 325+. Let's hope it and Thielen are enough to keep your 7 players away, Krankor.

Also, damn you Dimes for deciding to play like a good QB this week. Just let a good 40 points on the bench. I hope that doesn't come back and be the difference.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

My team is done. Everyone is just going through the motions and doing nothing. Pretty anticlimactic end of the year.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Especially because you've had only 3 games under 300. And the only game you lost of those was by roughly 8 points. Your other two losses are by Steak who had to score 385+ to beat you.

And here we are, where both of those things are likely going to happen.

Anticlimactic is definitely the word for this.

Still can't believe that this might be happening. I'm not about to say it is until it happens because lord knows I've fucked up before (ie: see the Keeper league for that).

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Oh well. Congrats on the title Flik. They aren't easy to come by. I'll be back on the quest for Title #4 next season.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Year 8: 2 Spots Available

Congratulations to Flik for being our Year 7 champion, defeating Krankor behind Saquon Barkley's crazy performance! Updated the first page to reflect the victory and MVP performance by Barkley.

We'll be moving into the offseason now and looking for 2 new owners. Black Flagg/CletusVanDamme and SaintsFanH are both getting released as owners due to their lack of activity throughout the season. If anybody knows anybody who wants in, hit 'em up and they can make a post in here.

I'll probably be updating the rosters on the first page by the weekend so if you want to add/drop or do any trades, now is the time to start on that action.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

I'm bored so I'm going to go through and calculate up the number of roster cuts teams will have to make to get at 28 after the 2020 draft.

Flik: 30 - 2 draft picks = Cut 4
Krankor: 31 - 2 draft picks = Cut 5
Oldskool: 31 - 5 draft picks = Cut 8
O.G.: 28 - 4 draft picks = Cut 4
Will Scarlet: 29 - 4 draft picks = Cut 5
909: 31 - 5 draft picks = Cut 8
Steak: 30 - 5 draft picks = Cut 7
MFer: 31 - 4 draft picks = Cut 7
Harley: 30 - 5 draft picks = Cut 7
Hawk: 28 - 4 draft picks = Cut 4
Open BlackFlagg: 29 - 4 draft picks = Cut 5
Open SaintsFan: 28 - 5 draft picks = Cut 5

If I recall the Cut deadline is during the Weekend of the NFL Draft? Since we usually start drafting shortly after that.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Krankor said:
I'm bored so I'm going to go through and calculate up the number of roster cuts teams will have to make to get at 28 after the 2020 draft.

Flik: 30 - 2 draft picks = Cut 4
Krankor: 31 - 2 draft picks = Cut 5
Oldskool: 31 - 8 draft picks = Cut 11 (yikes)
O.G.: 28 - 4 draft picks = Cut 4
Will Scarlet: 29 - 4 draft picks = Cut 5
909: 31 - 5 draft picks = Cut 8
Steak: 30 - 5 draft picks = Cut 7
MFer: 31 - 4 draft picks = Cut 7
Harley: 30 - 5 draft picks = Cut 7
Hawk: 28 - 4 draft picks = Cut 4
Open BlackFlagg: 29 - 4 draft picks = Cut 5
Open SaintsFan: 28 - 5 draft picks = Cut 5

If I recall the Cut deadline is during the Weekend of the NFL Draft? Since we usually start drafting shortly after that.

Yeah, the deadline will be April 19th, 2020. Sunday before the NFL Draft.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Krankor said:

Oldskool: 31 - 8 draft picks = Cut 11 (yikes)

Oldskool will have 5 Draft Picks for the 2020 Rookie Draft and will cut 8 players. If a team misses all their rookie picks (and doesn't pick anybody after the fact, which they are obligated to do), they will get 1 Compensatory Pick for the 1st Round in the next year's Rookie Draft. This way we don't have teams accumulating 8+ picks if they happen to miss multiple drafts.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Still can't believe that not only did all my planning actually succeed, I didn't manage to bungle it all as well. Thanks Krankor and I'm sorry your team decided that that week was the week to play a going through the motions week.

Potential Roster
Deshaun Watson Hou - QB
Baker Mayfield Cle - QB

Cooper Kupp LAR - WR
DeAndre Hopkins Hou - WR

Russell Gage Atl - WR
Adam Thielen Min - WR
Alvin Kamara NO - RB
Sony Michel NE - RB
Saquon Barkley NYG - RB

Mark Andrews Bal - TE
Jonnu Smith Ten - TE
Sterling Shepard NYG - WR
Ryan Griffin NYJ - TE
Calvin Ridley Atl - WR
Daniel Jones NYG - QB

Auden Tate Cin - WR
Gerald Everett LAR - TE
Austin Hooper Atl - TE
Jordan Howard Phi - RB
Marquez Valdes-Scantling GB - WR
Justice Hill Bal - RB
JJ Arcega-Whiteside Phi - WR
Chase Edmonds Ari - RB
Josh Reynolds LAR - WR
John Ross III Cin - WR
A.J. Green Cin - WR
Josh Oliver Jax - TE
Will Dissly Sea - TE

New England NE - DEF
New York NYJ - DEF

Right now that makes 23 people I'm probably keeping, and everyone else I'm thinking over. I also just realized that I had a lot more people get hurt this year than I thought.

Also interestingly is how I began the year worried I might need to draft tight ends, but end the year with potentially 7 people who could start next season. Anyone need a tight end? I'd be looking for some more depth or draft picks.

If you guys happen to see someone you are interested in trading in of that bunch, hit me up.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Krankor Final Roster for 2019:
QB Patrick Mahomes II
QB Sam Darnold
QB Jared Goff
RB Nick Chubb
RB Todd Gurley
RB Devin Singletary
RB Philip Lindsay
RB Duke Johnson
RB Darrell Henderson
RB Rashaad Penny
RB Patrick Laird **CUT**
RB DeAndre Washington **CUT**
WR Amari Cooper
WR Allen Robinson
WR Chris Godwin
WR Courtland Sutton
WR Aj Brown
WR Dede Westbrook
WR Golden Tate
WR Jamison Crowder
WR Sammy Watkins
WR Justin Watson **CUT**
TE Travis Kelce
TE Zach Ertz
TE Hunter Henry
TE Tj Hockenson
TE Chris Herndon **CUT**
DEF Indianapolis
DEF Chicago
DEF Cleveland **CUT**
DEF NY Giants

Cuts: Cleveland, RB DeAndre Washington, RB Patrick Laird, WR Justin Watson, TE Chris Herndon

Trade Block: Todd Gurley, Darrell Henderson, Rashaad Penny, Sammy Watkins

If you are interested in anyone on my cut list or trade block get a hold of me. Cut list could change depending on off-season injuries/arrests.

Staff member
Reaction score

I do need a tight end and I have about a million receivers.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score

keep:
QB Lamar Jackson
QB Gardner Minshew II
WR Michael Thomas
WR Tyler Lockett
WR Christian Kirk
WR Robert Woods
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Austin Ekeler
RB Tony Pollard
TE Jordan Akins
TE Irv Smith Jr.
WR Cole Beasley
TE Ian Thomas
RB Dalvin Cook
QB Taysom Hill
WR Ted Ginn Jr.
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster
QB Josh Rosen
TE Jeff Heuerman
TE David Njoku
QB Ben Roethlisberger
DEF Tampa
DEF Denver

cut:
RB Mike Davis
QB Nick Mullens
RB Jerick McKinnon
RB Justin Jackson
TE Rob Gronkowski
TE Ryan Izzo
QB Alex Smith
TE Logan Thomas

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Harley's Roster: Derek Carr, Carson Wentz, Ryan Griffin, Easton Stick, Tarik Cohen, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Bryce Love, Trayveon Williams, Myles Gaskin, Julio Jones, Marquise Brown, Mike Williams, Keenan Allen, Corey Davis, Jarvis Landry, Phillip Dorsett, Jalen Hurd, Dawson Knox, Isaac Nauta

CUTS: Eli Manning, Dexter Williams, Allen Hurns, Jake Kumerow, Hakeem Butler, Jason Witten, Nick Vannett
TRADE BLOCK: Derek Carr, Tarik Cohen, Mike Williams, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Landry

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Year 8: 1 Spot Available

Minger will be taking over Black Flagg/Cletus' team so we have 1 open spot available.