Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Do it for your baby and the WWE Universe: Bad Wrestling Fan Takes 2022

Dandy

Reaction score
I tried to take a screenshot but the file was too large. This was on The Pro Wrestling World’s Facebook page and showed up in my timeline because a friend commented:

“Now I am not the biggest Cody fan, he betrayed us and went to that second grade promotion but I can forgive him if he comes back to the only promotion that you should be watching WWE. Something that I am really liking is WWE getting rid of its weakest segments. In other words everything that Triple H did. Triple H went out of his way and made wrestling content despite Vince constantly stating that WWE is sports entertainment. And guess what? It didn't work. I mean nobody really liked NXT. The difference in quality between NXT and RAW/Smackdown was clear. I mean would you really rather watch Ciampa and Gargano over my RoRo's promos? EXACTLY. I wouldn't either.
I am glad that the 205Live thing is also getting scrapped and we are getting NXT Level Up. Triple H couldn't level up but Nick Khan did. This is why Nick Khan is a genius. And him hiring Cody should be a slap on Triple H's face. I know Cody has stated in interviews that he thinks Triple H is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and possibly his favourite wrestler but let's be honest, Nick Khan should make him bury Triple H's legacy. All is right with the world ladies and gentlemen. AEW is so going down. Loser promotion gets losers like Daniel Bryanson and CM Punk. I mean imagine signing someone like Adam Cole and Keith Lee. At least in WWE we have true sports entertainers like Happy Corbin(AEW wrestlers can never be as happy as he is), Madcap Moss and above all my RoRo.

#Joffrey”

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, they took it too far with Corbin and Madcap Moss.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
The dumber people have gotten much more surly since wrestlewiththeplot got nuked.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
"mean would you really rather watch Ciampa and Gargano over my RoRo's promos?"

Those matches got pretty insufferable tbh. Remember the cinema style match? I also think they presaged the general overkill style NXT indulged in.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Mauro ruined the best parts, anyway.

Dandy

Reaction score
I am not able to think of too many years WWE didn’t have some new debuts an/or developmental talent. I can’t think of two many years in the last 15 years where those talents were not amazingly misused and thus never made it big either.

Last edited:

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's really rare for WWE not to have a fair amount of young talent at any given point. I mean, maybe the dark days of Jindrak, Cade, the Bashams, and Luther Reigns.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Moss has a terrible gimmick but he's been really impressive in the matches I've seen him in on PPV's lately. Bron Breaker from what little I've seen is also great.

Otis, Angel Garza, Humberto, Cameron Grimes, Pete Dunne, Raul Mendoza, Dominic Mysterio are all 24-30. They don't have the crop they had at other times but if they had a competent booking team. there's plenty of potential.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Roman would look awesome in the big gold, though. I'd prefer the old school winged eagle but that is never going to happen, better chance of big gold.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the WWE belts now look like toys (all the primary color ones) or are so nondescript I couldn't pick them out of a lineup (IC title).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's been a good IC Title since the mid '90s (although they brought that version back for a few years in the 2010s) but the current one is particularly terrible looking. No one was asking for or needed a WWE title belt with a steampunk aesthetic.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I like the current IC title because it's a unique makeover of Valentine's. But that said it looks good on absolutely no one.

All the belts being velcro is what makes them all infinitely worse.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
FM5vYKfX0AUaxiq

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess in some defense, Tony doesn’t have other promotions plotting assassinations on him but then again, who knows what EC3 has planned.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"C'mon, Drake! Do a Tony Khan parody!"
"nah, sorry, mate! I just resigned with WWE."
"Nah, sorry! I can't!"
"PLEASE! I'll be really nice to you!"

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Yeah, but the Network, and YouTube doesn't exist, so

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
He was still the #4 face for most of 1998, as odd as it may seem. Behind Austin, Foley, and 'Taker.