Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Eight and a half million people and THIS was the best option? New(s) York City thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was being mostly facetious when I said Yang would be better. But there were a bunch of other Democratic candidates besides these two chuds...was there seriously no better option or were people burnt out by DeBlasio's horribleness and wanted to go with something completely different? @Brooklyn Zoo ?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
He has a D in front of his name. That's simply it. And the idiot running against him was the head of the Hell's Angels. Who would you have voted for?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. I knew how he beat cat lover/friend and mentor of Ray Traylor Curtis Silwa but how did he win the Democratic primary?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
My best guess is because he was an ex cop and a POC, that he would make serious strides in police reform. After the year and a half or so leading to the election, I kind of get it.

Reaction score
I was being mostly facetious when I said Yang would be better. But there were a bunch of other Democratic candidates besides these two chuds...was there seriously no better option or were people burnt out by DeBlasio's horribleness and wanted to go with something completely different? @Brooklyn Zoo ?

I voted for Maya Wiley first and he wasn’t in my top 3, but he ran the best campaign and people know him.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You don't hear a lot about laws RE: letting people use the bathroom that don't involve trans people a lot in 2022.

I know the delivery apps are friggin butt and restaurants hate them but it's wild that restaurants would not let drivers use the restroom before this. Even when I was drunkenly wandering around NYC, restaurants would let me run in and take a quick pee. One time I stopped to use the restroom at a pizza place near Barclays that had an autographed Heath Slater 8x10. GREAT night.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
My best friend actually lived on the UES until a few years ago. I now only really hang out thee to go to the MET once a year or so.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My grandfather was a retired NYPD cop, and his wife was telling me a story about why they hate Adams.

Apparently back in the early 90s, he was friends with a female cop. At the time, it wasn’t very common to be a woman on the force. So she got a lot of abuse. She finally decided to report them and Adams, who was high up at that point covered it up. The woman ended up leaving NYC and took a police job somewhere in upstate NY…until Adams called and had her fired.