Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Fast-Food Breakfast

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ugh, why did I get that fried bologna biscuit from Hardee's? Shit was totally sub-grade Oscar Meyer. I'd say—considering their generally greasy-and-stellar breakfast menu—I expected better from them, but really, bologna.

fried-bologna.jpg

I put this in me. (No, that's not my hand.)

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I remember rumours years back that McDonald's was going to offer breakfast items 24 hours a day. I'd love a sausage McMuffin and hasbrown for dinner. Not sure if they were unfounded or if they were just for a test market (which must have failed).

I can't stand cheese on any breakfast sandwich, and I'm not sure why. The biscuits are easy enough to peel it off if they screw up the order, but that melted cheese gets really stuck in english muffin grooves and is gross tasting.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hardee's loaded-omelet biscuit is essential to curing any hangover.

tonyjaymz03

Kinsey
Reaction score
Dunkin Donuts wake up wraps always hits the spot for me, fills me up but doesn't give me that sluggish feeling

Danville_Wrestling

Danville_Wrestling
Reaction score
DrVenkman said:
I remember rumours years back that McDonald's was going to offer breakfast items 24 hours a day. I'd love a sausage McMuffin and hasbrown for dinner. Not sure if they were unfounded or if they were just for a test market (which must have failed).

Ditto the bold. I'm not sure why McDonald's didn't implement that idea because I remember reading that they make more money off of their breakfast menu than they do the rest of the time they are open on any given day.

Mazto

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Considering that going to the McDonald's here on any given day right before Breakfast goes off the drive-thru is always wrapped around and nearly out to the street I'd say that in this town that's gotta be pretty true.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
More cost-effective. A carton of egg liquid can surely make a shitload of mcmuffins, and has to be far cheaper than meat patties, condments, toppings, etc.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Which is pretty odd, since a regular hamburger is only 89 cents while some of their biscuits and mcmuffins hover around the three dollar range.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
Yeah, but who (other than Bob Barron) orders a regular hamburger? It's all about the "value" meals. Case of Coke syrup's..what? $25 maybe? Arby's mixes 6:1, sure McD's is the same...with CO2, you're talking maybe a dollar a gallon to make, and you're paying a buck for a 20 oz medium drink, mostly ice..say 15 oz of soda? They're making, after all this rough math that may well be wrong...8 times their money per gallon. Apply the same principle to the fries...ugh. fast food accountant bullshit.

Just suffice to say they rake it in on the value meals.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Some locations do. I found one in Orlando once, but it was too late in the day to order anything.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
The only Wendy's I've seen with breakfast is at Seatac airport. It's average fastfood breakfast, but I'm thinking it's probably different from a stand alone Wendy's with breakfast.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
There was a Wendy's that served ONLY breakfast that I went too so many times after work at Disneyland. It's the only place that had coffee I like since I hate coffee so I'll remember it for that. Their panini is the best breakfast sandwich I've had and the burrito is good too.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
I like Jack in the Box's French Toast sticks.

McDonalds also has a breakfast $1 menu.....I usually snatch a couple sausage biscuits & a hash brown.

I believe 2 breakfast burritos for $1 is also on there

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought about getting it the other day, but I needed something I knew would be filling. Unless it's a lot of cheese, I don't see this cheddar biscuit getting the job done.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That just looks like a precursor to a rumbling stomach followed by a greasy shit three hours later.