Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Fast-Food Breakfast

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I knew they were hard to come by, but the ones around me all seemed to get in on it at first. Seems like at some point in the last few months they've all discontinued it.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
No matter how tasty fast food breakfast can be, it always leaves me with a "I shouldn't have eaten that" for the next couple of hours.

The local Wendys around here seems to be really going with the hard sell of their Roaster's coffee. Every other day we get a coupon sheet for their breakfast and coffee.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
No matter how tasty fast food breakfast can be, it always leaves me with a "I shouldn't have eaten that" for the next couple of hours.
Tend to agree. I like the Egg (and Hash Brown) McMuffin as much as the next person, but it's probably too much grease to eat first thing in the morning.

On the other hand, I've heard that Taco Bell is serving breakfast at some US locations. Has anyone here taken one for the team?

FroGG_NeaL

WIT DA GREATEST OF EASE
Reaction score
Dandy said:
If you are ever in my general area, you must try Tudor's Biscuit World. Tremendous!

That's the first place I go every time I move back to WV. The entire menu is bomb, but my favorite is always the Mary B.
And their sweet tea is divine.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NoCalMike said:

The local Wendys around here seems to be really going with the hard sell of their Roaster's coffee. Every other day we get a coupon sheet for their breakfast and coffee.

I'm buoyed by this news. I swore off Timmy's for about three months in early 2009. I tried just about every other coffee I could; I found Wendy's to be excellent, but who goes to Wendy's for coffee?

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
http://gawker.com/taco-bell-will-soon-sell-waffle-tacos-across-the-countr-1048742933

shit just got real

Reaction score
Do people eat waffles, sausage, and eggs for breakfast? Yes. Why is making it a burrito such a problem? Fucking fascists are taking over, man. Fight the power, Taco Bell.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
HIGH SCHOOL BRO said:
Do people eat waffles, sausage, and eggs for breakfast? Yes. Why is making it a burrito such a problem?

That ain't a burrito!

Speaking of breakfast burritos, these are never as good as I think they should be considering I like everything that goes in one.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had the Taco Bell breakfast and lived to tell the tale. I recommend the A.M. Crunchwrap. The Waffle Taco actually exceeded my admittedly low expectations.

CookieMueller

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had it the other morning. I didn't want any of the big items because none sounded appealing. I'm not a big fan of fast food eggs (is anyone?) and all but one of their items had eggs in them so...ew. But I still tried the AM Bacon Taco which had the eggs. It was so dry, just eggs, cheese and bacon bits in a soft taco. I couldn't justify eating Taco Sauce at 8am so I wouldn't get that again. The Sausage Flatbread was better, it was just sausage and cheese in a grilled flatbread so the sausage provided a little juiciness, I guess. It's the same price as a Sausage McMuffin which is the same core ingredients and it (believe it or not) made me less queasy than a McMuffin so I'd go there over McDonalds in the morning.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CookieMueller said:
I had it the other morning. I didn't want any of the big items because none sounded appealing. I'm not a big fan of fast food eggs (is anyone?) and all but one of their items had eggs in them so...ew. But I still tried the AM Bacon Taco which had the eggs. It was so dry, just eggs, cheese and bacon bits in a soft taco. I couldn't justify eating Taco Sauce at 8am so I wouldn't get that again. The Sausage Flatbread was better, it was just sausage and cheese in a grilled flatbread so the sausage provided a little juiciness, I guess. It's the same price as a Sausage McMuffin which is the same core ingredients and it (believe it or not) made me less queasy than a McMuffin so I'd go there over McDonalds in the morning.
It depends where it is. McDonalds you can sub in their McMuffin (aka "round") egg for the ones they put in the other sandwiches. And A&W Canada does eggs to order so those are my go to places if I want fast food eggs.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WCSI371360_I-3_Waffle_WCcom_Promo_Page_V1_R2.jpg

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damn, straight from Belgium.

We don't have any White Castles here :/

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Updating this long-dormant thread to announce that my local Wendy's has finally added breakfast. I sampled some this morning and I'm pleased to announce that it's a strong competitor in the morning arena. Since it was my first time and I was feeling a little gluttonous, I got a bacon, egg and cheese combo ($2 off with the Wendy's app, which I assume everyone here has on their phones along with those of all the other fast food hotspots) and a sausage biscuit for later (only $1.49). The BE&C is on a classic breakfast roll which if not outstanding was quite satisfying. Wendy's purports to use fresh cracked eggs and I found the egg patty to be superior to those used by Burger King or McDonald's, and we all know they have a strong bacon game. Unlike their competition which sell hash browns as a side, Wendy's instead offers seasoned potato wedges similar to the ones at KFC except a bit crispier. Pretty damn good though I'm still partial to the BK hash brown medallions. Also should be noted my potatoes were straight out of the fryer and I'm sure they won't be as crispy if they've been sitting in the pan for a while. (Unless they make them fresh every time, which I kinda doubt.) Since I did my order on the app (it was the only way to use that $2 off coupon) I was able to choose whatever I want as a drink (though all the drinks have slightly different prices that aren't revealed until you're ready to checkout - a major failure on the app developers' part) so, since I was bringing this food home and I knew I had OJ in the fridge, I bought a lemonade to save for later. I want to note for those OJ fans on the go, however - Wendy's has small bottles of Simply Orange, much better than BK's little cartons of Minute Maid. Later on I tried the sausage biscuit and even if I didn't exactly get all DJ Khaled over it I still found the biscuit to be of high quality and better than what you get from BK or McD's. They also have a "Breakfast Baconator" but let's be real - the morning is no time for a hamburger bun. Anyway, I waited 25 years for Wendy's to add breakfast and folks, they are in. the. game. Feel free to post your own thoughts when you check out the new king of the A.M. for yourselves.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Wendy's was the one major chain that didn't have a location near me until recently. I only have gotten over there once but I will have to see if they have breakfast.

I recently got the Bacon, Egg and Cheese Bagel from Dunkin and was surprised at how much I liked it. Pretty basic to the point you can't screw it up, I think the flavor of the Dunkin bagel may just be better than I expected.

Also saw a billboard that McDonald's is serving breakfast chicken sandwiches now. I had the Chik-Fil-A ones some years ago which were better than I thought but didn't realize there is such demand for McDonald's to be rolling out multiples now.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://thetakeout.com/i-tried-an-einstein-bros-bagelrito-and-i-liked-it-1841946319?utm_campaign=SF&utm_content=Supper&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing
Einstein Bros Bagels now has a Bagelrito.

Somewhere in Jacksonville, I'd like to think Incandeza has eaten one and gotten diarrhea from it.

I'm just glad we don't have Einstein Bros in Portland area cause I would totally eat a Bagelrito (then get diarrhea)

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Wendy's Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit is aces, as well as those Frosty-ccinos.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm still pissed Bojangles got rid of their Cheddar Bo biscuit. Those things were spectacular.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I’m the opposite of Kreese...I would have liked to see the “Breakfast Baconator” be just the actual Baconator with eggs added, as opposed to having the sausage patties instead of beef

Overall Hardee’s is still the best of the four (incl. McDonald’s, BK) imo

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just had Wendy's Breakfast for the 2nd time. First time was decent (a solid 7.5/10, B+ performance) but I think I ordered wrong. Biscuit I think is a smidge dry and their breakfast burrito kind of sucks even compared to McDonalds but everything else (wedges, toppings of breakfast biscuit) was really good.

This time, they knocked it out the park and I'm ready to declare Wendy's King of Fast Food Breakfast. Classic Sausage, Egg, and Cheese is quite frankly, the best fast food breakfast sandwich I've ever had. If you handed it to me with generic aluminum foil and told me it was from a corner store, I'd believe you and think that corner store made a kick ass breakfast.

Love love love the wedges. I was skeptical of idea of seasoned potato wedges for breakfast but the way they are subtly seasoned to make them breakfast like. Wow. Maybe the best fast food potatoes.

It's like I saw a shooting star for the first time, et al

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Heads up to everyone that the Wendy's app has a deal for a free Breakfast Baconator with any purchase. Now I know I said that I don't want my breakfast sandwich on a burger roll BUT if you do a mobile order you can go in and change the burger roll to a classic breakfast roll. Now you got that classic S/E/C Kamala named as the GOAT in his post above mine AND it has bacon on it too AND it's fuckin' free, just buy some potato wedges and a coffee or whatever and you got a sick high-calorie breakfast for $3 or so.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Once again, there's a dumb Mandela Effect controversy on Twitter. This time over the Cracker Barrel logo supposedly featuring a whip (and the Barrels contain dead slaves?). It's a swirl! They're racist and horrible but NOT THAT racist & horrible. I'm more than ready for this pandemic to be over.