Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Fast Food Burger Shootout

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I've been on two trips to Vegas and both times, people in our group said we were going to In-N-Out at some point and it never happened. I MAY NEVER KNOW

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
https://nypost.com/2020/02/19/wendys-and-burger-king-have-beef-over-new-french-fry-burger/

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That 20 bucks has to be for Cali. I've been there a few times and don't remember it being that high but I could be wrong.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like it was north of $15 last time I bought a full combo. I've been getting just burger and fries since I've been getting to go orders last four months and even that I feel like is over $10. With rising food costs since pandemic, I can believe that $18 cost.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah but Five Guys isn't supposed to be a gourmet burger. It's premium fast food. It's a subtle but not indistinguishable difference. It SHOULD be cheaper to get a meal at Five Guys than Chili's or Applebee's and it isn't. Five Guys slaps harder though and you don't have to leave a tip but still, their pricing has seemed a bit of whack.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I Think that's part of their strategy, they know their shit is better than the 'low-end' gourmet burger stuff so they price it that way. The extra fries they throw in the bag also make it worth it imo

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Five Guys is probably my most visited fast food chain in the past 10 years and I could probably count on one hand the number of times I had an experience there that was less than good (and still have a finger or two leftover). That being said, it probably just barely counts as fast food anymore IMO cause of that high price. If I have second thoughts going there a few days before payday, it really doesn't seem like fast food.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
at some point we're going to figure out how to add more but im worried about HQ adding so many it will break the board.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had McDelivery for breakfast...er lunch since it was 11 AM. Never thought of adding pickles to a Filet o Fish before today but it really is a gamechanger.

Also I ate scraps from my girlfriend's value meal and new Quarter Pounder really is PRETTY GOOD!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not new new. I think it's been out for a year or two but I haven't eaten a Quarter Pounder in a while. They're using "fresh beef", presumably to compete with Five Guys/Shake Shacks/In & Outs of the world. Not as good as those places but honestly a better tasting burger than anything before at McDs or at BK or Wendy's.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s like they saw Wendy’s was popular on Twitter for dunking on people and other corporations but forgot to understand how to do it and did this instead. Let’s not forget the mood meals from last year and it’s been rough go for the BK team.

Reaction score
Lirl they’ve been doing it here for a year. It’s p good.

how much closer to in n out or five guys quality?

Also, I don’t know if it’s me but did they also change the way they make the mcchicken? Last time I had it, it tasted pretty different

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Me and my girlfriend got THE FRESH REAL BEEF Quarter Pounders at McDonalds for lunch. It was almost $20 for both of our extra value menus. Fast food prices are getting crazy.

It was mad good though. We went to a McDonalds in a bougey suburb of Portland though so I advise you always to go to McDs in rich suburbs. They have to make it right or else some Karen will lose their shit.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Almost $10 for a value meal sounds ridiculous. Granted, I've barely eaten any fast food outside of a few dollar menu items in the last decade or so but when I was eating that stuff regularly, I feel like I paid no more than the $6-$7 range.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Almost every Brazilian I have ever known in my life eats melted trash cheese by the gallon so I’m stunned it took this long.