Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Favorite Hot Sauces

Reaction score
I just picked up this after everyone kept telling me I had to try it...

This shit is FUCKING HOT.

My favorite hot sauce is this.

Another favorite of mine is..

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, Siracha (or however you spell it) is good stuff. Best with Asian food, but surprisingly tasty in a burrito.

BurningPirateShipSex

BurningPirateShipSex
Reaction score
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
My favorite hot sauce is this.

Charlatan...

000282415008050401.JPG

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I'm a hot sauce addict, but I've never fallen in love with Siracha the way a lot of people have

right now for general purposes I'm mostly using Cholula, green tabasco and whatever generic vinegar based Franks/Texas Pete style shit I can find cheap.

That buffalo wing Franks is insanely high in sodium, I can't see using that for anything other than coating wings. Most hot sauces have way too much sodium, which is why I like Cholula, and that Tapatio one Vitamin X recommended (I have a half a bottle of that somewhere in my cabinets), because they're comparatively low in sodium.

I loved the garlic flavored tabasco, but none of the supermarkets I go to carry it anymore, I feel like it was discontinued

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
1302EL.jpg

Usually the go-to hot sauce when the woman and I are out. Its funny because the small bottle (4 oz.) was $2.19 at Jungle Jim's since a lot of the local Mexican restaurants will by 5-10 bottles from there, but the (20 oz.) was only 40 cents more.

Anyway I like it because it is hot, but flavorful too.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
Is it any good on chicken? That's all I really use hot sauce on.
It really depends. Chicken pho - it's a natural. If it's grilled or baked it definitely brings some flavour to the table. However I would recommend your standard hot pepper sauce for things like fried chicken or wings. But if you're getting tired of Franks Red Hot and need some variety, I would try and find a West Indian hot sauce made from scotch bonnets. Good heat, but usually there's still some flavour that you can taste.

Also, dumplings/potstickers - if you don't go for the Siracha, a standard Chinese chili oil/soy/sesame oil (optional) mixture is always welcome.

Reaction score
starvenger said:
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
Is it any good on chicken? That's all I really use hot sauce on.
It really depends. Chicken pho - it's a natural. If it's grilled or baked it definitely brings some flavour to the table. However I would recommend your standard hot pepper sauce for things like fried chicken or wings. But if you're getting tired of Franks Red Hot and need some variety, I would try and find a West Indian hot sauce made from scotch bonnets. Good heat, but usually there's still some flavour that you can taste.

Also, dumplings/potstickers - if you don't go for the Siracha, a standard Chinese chili oil/soy/sesame oil (optional) mixture is always welcome.

Interesting. It's not that I'm getting tired of Frank's, cause I love that stuff, it's more that I like to try different sauces. I mostly eat fried chicken or wings but I do occasionally eat baked or grilled chicken. I'll have to use it next time I eat some grilled chicken.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
kkktookmybabyaway said:
daileyxplanet said:
How does everyone usually escape the heat? Milk? Bread? Ranch?
Moo juice.
bigolsmitty said:
Not being a bitch.
What these two said. The first is only if it's to the point where it's not enjoyable, but the heat is something you get used to after a while. The way I got used to it was to embark on a hot pepper challenge. Start out by getting jalapenos on a bunch of things- fast food places like BK and subway and whatever use pickled jalapenos to reduce the heat, so go with that first. Then chop them up and add them yourself. The seeds contain extra heat, too, so add or subtract whatever you want. Then after jalapenos are nothin', move up to a huge variety of peppers, anchos and serranos and even the pretty mild poblano, which isn't that spicy but you'll get used to it. After that, work on the habanero challenge. Once you master that, you can take on pretty much any hot sauce, but the Asian hot chili oils.. That's an entirely different challenge (one I'm trying to work through these days).

griffinmills

I finally changed this.
Reaction score
Reading this thread is liking browsing the refrigerator door at my Dad's place, he has everything listed here and more. "Ass in a Bucket" hot sauce always caught my eye, good for a chuckle.

I'm a fan of the "spicy" version of the OP's Crystal hot sauce but usually mix it about 10 tablespoons to a 1/2 stick of BUTTer or margarine when having chicken. Haven't been able to find spicy Crystal in a while though. We actually started out making that recipe with "Louisiana Hot Sauce" actually bought while on a trip to Louisiana and Avery Island when I was a kid but in the end the cheap Crystal stuff was good enough instead of having to scrounge specialty markets and shit for the good stuff.

My Dad got into "manly hot sauce" shit when I was just a kid. Eating wild varieties of hot peppers and randomly forcing them on us. Basically it takes Habanero level heat or up to get my attention thanks to his destructive, but well intentioned, up bringing. He basically eats Sriracha by the spoonful for fun anymore and has all kinds of blow-your-socks-off local Asian oil/sauce shit that he gets scared of just opening, "Don't get this shit in your eyes, whatever you do!" Now when I think about it I always think of Homer and the Guatemalan Insanity Pepper of Quetzlzacatenango. He finally stopped the hot pepper kick after eating some local Hamburger made out of peppers that he swore he could feel the acid of which melting it's way through his intestinal tract.

Man Vs. Food had a good episode of a pasta place with some retardo hot peppers and they recommend orange and vanilla ice cream sandwiches to beat the heat.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Tobasco is pretty all purpose for me, really good on eggs & chicken.

Tapatio is for Mexican food.

Louisiana goes well on Chicken as well.

Tobasco-Chipotle is good on mexican food.

Daves Gourmet Insanity is not meant as a hot sauce, rather you are supposed to put a teaspoon of it in like an entire batch of chili.

I also like Tobasco's Green sauce.

Crystal EXXXTRA hot is good too.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
KOAB said:
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:

FUCK YEAH. I need to pick up some of this again, love it... so spicy and yet it has such a sweet taste

That bottle is traditionally found in most asian eateries, as it goes extremely well with stir fry and/or rice bowls.

It is commonly referred to out here as "rooster sauce" because of the insignia on the bottle.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
griffinmills said:
NoCalMike said:
Crystal EXXXTRA hot is good too.

Second that. Too bad I can't find it easily locally anymore, where do you see it for sale?

Umm...I believe it is readily available in standard grocery stores out here. I'll have to check on that for you though.

EHME

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sriracha is really good with pizza.

I love Franks Red Hot, great flavour. As well as Louisiana hot sauce.

Tawren

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
I just picked up this after everyone kept telling me I had to try it...

This shit is FUCKING HOT.

Picked up a bottle of this at the grocery store. Fucking awesome. This is the brand of hot sauce I've been looking for for a while. Just absolutely crushes both Tobasco and Franks

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
KOAB said:
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:

FUCK YEAH. I need to pick up some of this again, love it... so spicy and yet it has such a sweet taste

That bottle is traditionally found in most asian eateries, as it goes extremely well with stir fry and/or rice bowls.

It is commonly referred to out here as "rooster sauce" because of the insignia on the bottle.

That's what we call it up here, too. :)

Red Baron

I have a new hat.
Reaction score
Sriracha is awesome and I use it on almost anything. I dabbed a bit of it on a Oriental Pasta Dish that I made today and it gave it some nice heat.