Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Favorite Voices In Music

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
I've wanted to do this thread for a while... genre doesn't matter. I'll start off with three more oldies voices.

Danny Boy --- Jackie Wilson

Since I was around 6 and listening to my mother play her records... there's just something I've always liked about Jackie Wilson's voice. For a 4th grade talent show I tried singing "Lonely Teardrops" by him... lost to some kid who tapdanced his way into the hearts of all the parents that night... anway, I've always wanted to sound like Jackie... losing track of thought here... yeah, great voice, could listen to any of his songs for days at a time.

otis redding

Otis Redding is another voice that just does it for me. My father always played his albums while working on cars or just running errands and it slowly grew on me, but I didn't really grow to appreciate it up until my teen years, as I was more into nice clean voices instead of the deep soulful voices as a child.

Wendy Rene - After Laughter

Wendy Rene... man do I wish she sung a few more songs, but I'll always have this and a few more of her singles.

Molotov The Bear

Chainsaw Batman & Tyrano Shark
Reaction score
Lajon Witherspoon's voice from Sevendust. I've love LJ since the first time I heard "Home," and their live show is fucking crazy.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Al Green, Otis Redding, Howlin Wolf, Captain Beefheart, Bob Marley, Horace Andy, Delroy Wilson

I'm a big Sebastien Tellier fan

Minnie Ripperton, Mariah Carey, Bjork, Martina Topley-Bird, Jennifer Charles, Hope Sandoval, Beth Gibbons, Sinead O'Connor

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I want to be a big Tellier fan because "La Ritournelle" is breathtaking and could go down as one of the masterpieces of the decade if enough people find out about it, but nothing else he's done has been that good, or even very good at all. Furthermore, look at these album covers:
Sebastien%2520Tellier%2520-%2520Politics%5B1%5D.jpg
La%20Ritournelle%20%5BSingle%5D%20by%20Sebastien%20Tellier.jpg
Sebastien-Tellier-Sexuality.jpg

whattamaroon.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
hahaha

He's French and on all sorts of drugs, that's my explanation for it.

He's a guy who has an obvious sense of irony and humour in his music, it's all very tongue in cheek

Politics is a great fucking album, if you can accept the fact that it's so over the top and outwardly terrible