Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
202204262c99969260aa1dbbd_th_1024x0.jpg

this is surreal

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My bud's sister-in-law is a chef and part of her schooling was to eat raw ground beef. Something about knowing what raw tastes like or some shit. It's been a while. But yeah, finding out people are paying tuition at 4 year universities to eat raw ground beef was startling. I stress the ground part because I've always been told that's the one time you want beef cooked all the way from a food poisoning standpoint.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
My bud's sister-in-law is a chef and part of her schooling was to eat raw ground beef. Something about knowing what raw tastes like or some shit. It's been a while. But yeah, finding out people are paying tuition at 4 year universities to eat raw ground beef was startling. I stress the ground part because I've always been told that's the one time you want beef cooked all the way from a food poisoning standpoint.
I think it's sounds gross, but high quality raw ground beef is only slightly more dangerous than eating a blue steak. And most of that danger comes from the extra surface area.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Steak tartare can be absolutely delicious.

Somehow though, I don't expect the same quality of ground beef from a Wisconsin cannibal sandwich as steak tartare from a fine dining restaurant. This could be CLASSIST KAMALA speaking.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hell I was in one of the nicer joints in the area and ordered the pork and the server asked what temp I wanted. I laughed, "no, I said the pork." She said, "sir, this is Fremins, not the local grocery store, we have higher standards for our pork." Touche'

And one of those build your own joints had a burger that you could cut with spicy ground sausage, so I went with that but not thinking about the sausage 1/2 of the burger, I requested medium (higher end burger joint so I assumed the beef was safe). Neither me, the server, nor the chef caught that I ordered medium on a burger with pork sausage in it. Rough day.

Recent visit to a Brazillian steakhouse and the gaucho gave me a rare filet wrapped in bacon and even with the bacon being questionable on doneness, that was the nicest morsel of beef I've ever had.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Altoona is a good three hour drive so I can’t answer for them and I’ve never heard of this. I live near Old Forge and their pizza is pretty terrible. I’ve read though that a bunch of this has its roots in coal mining where food preparation was about creating something you could take to the workplace. Can’t exactly get take out a quarter mile under the earth.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Not what I thought I'd get when I clicked on Kielbasa Stories but I'll take it.

As a dumb pollack, I can't say I've had strawberries w/ pasta at family gatherings.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Couldn't find the summer vacation thread in our broken search system, so I'm tossing this here:

As I prep for my 3 days in Chicago for C2E2 I found this review:

Sample some Malort.

Malort is a Chicago specialty liquor and is something anyone over 21 should try when they visit the Windy City.

The liquor itself is not good because of taste, in fact, it tastes pretty bitter, and most people find it awful. However, it is all about the experience of trying something the locals love! If you’d like to experience the local culture of Chicago, then you have to try Malort at least once.

Hey! This tastes like shit, you gotta try it!!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had it when I was in Chicago in 2016 and it tastes the liquified version of a permanent marker.

That being said, I'd probably try it again next time if I was in Chicagoland and someone offered it to me.