Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

General Marvel Studios News and Events

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully the 3rd? 4th? 5th? time's the charm for that franchise.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Enjoyed the first couple episodes of X-Men '97... but I'm a sucker for 90s animated cartoons in general and stuff that slightly updates but hews towards that style.

Also the Beau news sounds like something had to have come up personally, very weird situation. Wouldn't surprise me if they cut ties preemptively before some bad news came out regarding his history/background.

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so I just finished Echo. Not a fan of making Kingpin look so weak. I can see why this show was a catalyst for a strategy change. The same studio made Reservation Dogs which is better on every level. It’s weirdly incongruent to make a much blander and more expensive show with similar tones. The studio has gotten away from what made Marvel great. It’s the stuff they made that’s not like everything else. And there was a lot of it. Doing bad legal shows and half baked stories like Echo isn’t gonna do it for anyone anymore. But when they made a movie about a hidden, secret African country with superior technology than our own? Or strange space people team movies serving a genre that no longer exists? Weird girl trying to copycat a more famous hero? I dunno that’s the kind of stuff I signed up for.

This show didn’t land at all for me. If they were trying to turn interesting material into something inoffensive and unprovocative they did a great job. Almost every show I watch needs to be telling me something. It takes a lot more effort to watch a show and I have higher expectations. The man hours they put into this weak sauce only for it to get dumped in one go with a ‘Marvel Spotlight’ tag at the start so they could disavow the show if it was poorly received? Not fooling anyone with that.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
It already has something like 14+ Million views through Ryan Reynolds' Youtube Channel