Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Get your ass on your phone and fix your fucking twitter right now! Part 3

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I know so many people who make less money than them have boats about that size. Seems like a weird thing for people to react to.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Women that like to fish are rather common here, so it's no big deal to meet a woman here that wants a boat. Glad to see the joy of fishing and boating is alive and well in other areas and shared by the superstars.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Now get us footage of OMOS as the captain of this boat and maybe just maybe they’ll have something special with CAPTAIN OMOS: MASTER AND COMMANDER

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Is the take really that bad, though? Not saying that he had to be "carried," per se, but I'm having trouble thinking of the essential Undertaker match, where Taker was the one who did the heavy lifting.

I also feel like I could name twenty wrestlers better than Taker, easy, but I'm also a technical wrestling mark, so my biases lean heavily in that direction. Even being "fair" and taking the "total package" (NLL) into account, I'm only comfortable saying that he's... probably Top 20, depending on how you rate guys like Andre and Sammartino.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pure wrestling, no way is Taker top 20. His presence and look probably catapult him into an overall top 20, though

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is the take really that bad, though? Not saying that he had to be "carried," per se, but I'm having trouble thinking of the essential Undertaker match, where Taker was the one who did the heavy lifting.
Mayyyybe his '07 matches with Batista but even then it's only maybe. Batista's considered a good worker now but I think jury was still out when he feuded with Undertaker.

If someone considers Undertaker one of the best 20 pure workers of all time then their brain has been poisoned by WWE.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I didn't have Omega in my Top 20, either. But, to be fair, I don't have much frame of reference for any of his work prior to AEW.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think* it was an intentional dig at Omega from Undertaker. I genuinely don't think he's familiar with the AEW (or 2010s NJPW roster). I would assume he stopped following wrestling right around the time he stopped working full time in the early 2010s.

I was going to include WWE but tbh, I feel like Undertaker would be lost trying to figure out who is who beyond the top dozen or so guys. Like if Madcap Moss approached him outside of work, he'd probably think he's just some random musclehead and not a co-worker.

*I haven't read the full interview so maybe within context of thing, Undertaker's being a curmudgeonly ass but most of my point still stands!

Last edited:

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
If someone considers Undertaker one of the best 20 pure workers of all time then their brain has been poisoned by WWE.
Hot take, maybe, but in the sense of making a lasting impression and getting people into his stuff? You bet your fucking ass he's a top 20.

Being a "great worker" isn't about having 5* matches or knowing a thousand moves. It's about connecting to the audience on a level beyond the athleticism, which Undertaker has done better than most.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Saying Undertaker is top 20 is a bit like saying Stephen Spielberg is a top 20 director. You might be right, but it feels like a terrible opinion.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Hot take, maybe, but in the sense of making a lasting impression and getting people into his stuff? You bet your fucking ass he's a top 20.

Being a "great worker" isn't about having 5* matches or knowing a thousand moves. It's about connecting to the audience on a level beyond the athleticism, which Undertaker has done better than most.
with that criteria it would be at least a debate but world-wide all-time I doubt I'd have Taker in my top 20. Top 50 almost definitely.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
He's a top 20 US with that criteria, honestly, because he's mentioned in the same breath as Hogan, Austin, Rock, and Flair by non/lapsed fans. That needs to account for something.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to say @tekcop 's Spielberg isn't a Top 20 Director is awfully pretentious but then I realized to a casual WWE/NA wrestling fan saying Undertaker isn't a Top 20 wrestler probably sounds super pretentious!