Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

GOOD PEOPLE

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not a big Buffet hater, but I could live without quotes like this.

In a letter to shareholders, Buffett wrote on Tuesday that he and his children “have a common belief that dynastic wealth, though both legal and common in much of the world including the United States, is not desirable.”

“We also agree that capitalism — whatever its weaknesses, including the vast disparities in wealth and political influence that it delivers somewhat capriciously to its citizens — has worked wonders and continues to work wonders,” he wrote.

Capitalism is AIDS, but like, common folk have iPhones and shit so it's aight.

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's great he made donations but they're also in the form of shares, to charities run by his family which is a standard ultra-wealthy tax dodge. I'd be more impressed if he was giving to charities that didn't have Buffet in the name.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I'm not a big Buffet hated, but I could live without quotes like this.

Capitalism is AIDS, but like, common folk have iPhones and shit so it's aight.
Not even trying to argue, but everyone could use Buffet's mindset and create wealth at a much smaller scale, but most Americans are not smart in the basics.

I'm a small scale success story on what a little proper budgeting can do even without making decent money.

I have a little "bootstraps" Republican in me too.

/heads to liberal jail for re-education

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Warren Buffet worked hard and all that shit but his dad was a 4-term Congressman and he made plenty use of his family connections coming up. He isn't just some story of a poor kid who pulled himself up by sheer pluck and determination. And even if he did that doesn't somehow justify the gross income disparity that he and other mega-rich enjoy. Nothing Buffet has done justifies a networth of over 120 BILLION dollars.