Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

How long ago did Dunkin' Donuts rebrand to simply "Dunkin'"?

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A former co-worker of mine would always stop by "the Dunk" (as he called it) and get his iced coffee with two cremes, two sugars, two sweet and lows (two of everything) -- basically diabeetus in a cup.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you ever come this way, bring me an order of everything bagel stuffed minis and a single crueler.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Worst Dunkin order is something that pops up on NEW ENGLAND SOCIAL MEDIA occasionally. Worst was IIRC a SMALL coffee with six creamers and 8 Sweet N Low.

Fact that a regular/regulah coffee in New England automatically includes cream & sugar really is proof that NEW ENGLAND MAN is not as tough as he thinks he is.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Worst Dunkin order is something that pops up on NEW ENGLAND SOCIAL MEDIA occasionally. Worst was IIRC a SMALL coffee with six creamers and 8 Sweet N Low.

Fact that a regular/regulah coffee in New England automatically includes cream & sugar really is proof that NEW ENGLAND MAN is not as tough as he thinks he is.
Yeah, my co-worker's was a large with 2 of what seemed like everything. I can't imagine a small with that many let alone 6 creamers and 8 sweet and low

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll usually throw in 2-3 creamers in a large with 1-2 sugars but that's if I get a regular, which is pretty rare. If I'm gunning for non-homemade coffee, I'm going for something like a Latte or Dunkacinno if available. With that said, the regular even with creamers/sugar is still like half everything in a Dunkaccino

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I started out as a cream and sugar guy but I've weaned myself down to being able to drink it just with (preferably non dairy) milk and occasionally black if it's GOOD (IE probably not Dunkin) coffee.

I don't like to yuck anyone's yums and I still enjoy the occasional sugary coffee but at a certain time with adding stuff, you got to ask yourself if you want dessert or if you want coffee.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was a tea drinker for a while in my teens and early 20s (and I have attempted once or twice to switch back when I feel like coffee is making me too jittery) then I had a unfortunate energy drinks phase in my first year or two working in call centers before finally becoming a coffee drinker in my mid-late 20s.

I thought "What Age Did You Start Drinking Coffee?" would be a great Question of the Day thread in general folder and apparently 2015 me thought same. Thank God for search function.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Never been a coffee or a tea drinker. Sodas have always been my caffeinated beverage of choice although I'm going to try and phase them out once I finish a shit ton of work assignments I have pending. I tried to wean myself off of it was sparkling water (La Croix) but I just end up burping all day so I axed that after a few weeks.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
I had a run back in 2016 where I made this delightful cinnamon tea every day when I got into the office and this was at a point when I was on a small, happy team with no customer interaction. It was all very zen. Now I work from hope and drill down cans of Mountain Dew and chug from my giant water bottle. At least I'm hydrated!

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
My Dunkies order has changed a few times.

-Lahge hot French Vanilla, extra milk and extra sugah (can't do this anymore)
-XL black, 5 sugars
-Medium regulah
-Medium black, 3 sugahs (when I make iced at home before work and need a topper)
-Lahge iced mocha, milk n' sugah

If I'm eating and it's not something that was too good to keep on the menu (like my ham grilled cheese on sourdough is destined to be, just like my southwest egg n' chicken n' cheese was), it'll be simple, like a couple of egg n' cheese wraps or Boston kremes.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
For donuts, I'm all about the French Crullers. Boston Creams are my 2nd choice though.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
For years toasted coconut was my fave followed my Boston cream but now I'm all about chocolate glazed and coffee rolls.

Last edited:

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For donuts, I'm all about the French Crullers. Boston Creams are my 2nd choice though.
I am now questioning my choices in donuts when I hear you ardently supporting the deliciousness of a French cruller.

Maybe I’ll be a jelly guy now. I don’t know. My world is turned upside down, I’m going to need to pray on this.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven't ordered donuts at Dunkin' in a decade. I will occasionally scarf some Munchkins at a work meeting or some kind of family get together. Real NEW ENGLAND MEN know that Dunkin's donuts went severely downhill once they stopped baking them at the store sometime in the late '90s/early '00s. They're basically the same as grocery store bakery donuts at this point (which I mean yeah, I'll eat the fuck out of one but I'd never order one for breakfast).

Laz

Reaction score
The problem is that there aren't any donut shops open on my route to work while I'm commuting. The Nashville area has a thing where business hours don't always make fucking sense.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Folks, the Dunkin' stuffed everything bagel minis are GOOD. Just wish you got more than 2 per order.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This was actually my 2nd or 3rd time having them but something about order I got other day just hit right. So well that I felt the need to post about them several days later.

Veggie egg white with cheddar Wake Up Wraps were good as hell too. Even if I asked them to sub American cheese for cheddar and didn't get it. I feel like Dunks knows me better than I know myself sometimes.

Last edited:

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
This was actually my 2nd or 3rd time having them but something about order I got other day just hit right. So well that I felt the need to post about them several days later.

Veggie egg white with cheddar Wake Up Wraps were good as hell too. Even if I asked them to sub American cheese for cheddar and didn't get it. I feel like Dunks knows me better than I know myself sometimes.
I misjudged your av as Leo Dicaprio playing Jordan Belfort, which made that post read 100x better. Then realized it was not that and it was still solid but lacked that pompousness.

The best Dunks are the ones that you frequent just enough to be memorable and the cashier knows your order before you say it.

Laz

Reaction score
Shipley's Donuts is a two-store franchise in the Nashville area and is my favorite for those delicious little rings of scrumptiousness.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dunkin' has coconut milk now. I'd undeservedly like to think I played a small role in this. I just wish @Baby Shoes wasn't taking one of his occasional board hiatuses so he could see me enjoy this. I hope he's enjoying a Dunkin' iced coffee with coconut milk wherever he is.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dunkin' has coconut milk now. I'd undeservedly like to think I played a small role in this. I just wish @Baby Shoes wasn't taking one of his occasional board hiatuses so he could see me enjoy this. I hope he's enjoying a Dunkin' iced coffee with coconut milk wherever he is.
My alternative milk community who also inexplicably hit the DUNK up on a regular basis (an alarmingly high % of people, no less) have collectively agreed that their coconut milk offerings are and I quote “TRASH”.

so I’m conflicted here. Do I trust them or my internet pal, @King Kamala ?