Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Ice Cream Thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been trying to cut back on boozing (with mixed results). One of the side effects is I've been eating a lot more ice cream/sweets. Seems like even if I quit boozing completely, I'm dead set on getting Type 2 Diabetes one way or the other. I've been eating a lot of Klondike Bars, in particular, which I hadn't had in years before a week or two ago. I knew they had more than one flavor now but I was kind of baffled at the variety of options there are now. Magnum Ice Cream Bars are also p dope. Of course, I can't mention ice cream bars without posting this fond remembrance of WWF Ice Cream Bars!

https://youtu.be/HaOA2wWUuks

Also given that it's a summer, I'll give a shout out to Maine's many roadside ice cream stands, which I believe make up 25% of our state's economy.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
When I was a kid, the local ice cream truck had WWF Ice Cream bars, it just sucked because they were almost twice the price of anything else, even stuff that was twice the size. I remember at the end of one summer I had quite the collection of WWF cards that were included with every bar. The cookie crust on the back of the bar was no joke.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My poisons:

Ben & Jerry's Strawberry (or Blueberry) cheesecake
" Peanut butter cookie
Blue Bell Banana pudding
" King Cake Ice Cream (seasonal)
Baskin Robbins Birthday Cake based Strawberry Sundae
These Walmart brand Cotton Candy Ice Cream Sandwiches (Vanilla cookies instead of chocolate)

Before the ole Man left my mom he had quit drinking and supplemented it with Ice cream also, 5 gallon tubs of store brand Neapolitan (NAPOLEON DAMMIT!). And for whatever reason was hoarding the empty plastic tubs. At one point I dropped in to visit and there was a stack of 12 leaning against his gun safe. Now he's living out of a hotel and drinking & smoking again. I rather the diabetes to the lung cancer & cirrhosis.

When I was a kid, the local ice cream truck had WWF Ice Cream bars, it just sucked because they were almost twice the price of anything else, even stuff that was twice the size. I remember at the end of one summer I had quite the collection of WWF cards that were included with every bar. The cookie crust on the back of the bar was no joke.
Bro for real. The one time I ever had a WWF Ice Cream Bar was off the ice cream truck near my Grandma's house. I remember everything was 50-75 cents but this was $1.25. In ten year old 1991 finances that is a LOT of money.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I try not to eat ice cream regularly but dammit, every time I go to Target, there's a sale on Ben & Jerry's. I usually resist but I cave in once in awhile.

Regular flavor (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry) ice cream bores me for the most part so I opt for either cookies & cream, cookie dough, or anything with peanut butter in it.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Black & Tan from the local ice cream shop.

ls.jpg

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
This Double Peanut Butter Magnum Bar I'm eating right now is rocking my balls off.

Bought a box of those last time I went to the store, amazeballs.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have a terrible sweet tooth and downed a Ben and Jerrys The Tonight Dough a couple of nights ago. I paid for it as dairy has been messing with my stomach lately.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's a local place here in Toronto that makes toasted marshmallow flavoured ice cream. The best.

bigolsmitty

stares Trick Daddily
Reaction score
I fucking love ice cream. If any of you have a Trader Joe's near you, their ice cream is really good, and cheap compared to stuff like Ben & Jerry's. Pretty much all of the flavors are good: coffee, chocolate, mint chip, cookies and cream, vanilla/chocolate/caramel swirl are some of my favorite.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ViciousFish said:
DQ soft serve is my kryptonite.

I prefer Twistee Treat myself for soft serve. All kinds of flavours and toppings.

There is a local place up here that serves gigantic hard ice cream cones for cheap prices. I love their Salted Caramel Truffle.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
This Double Peanut Butter Magnum Bar I'm eating right now is rocking my balls off.
The white chocolate Magnum bars are amazing, and are helping contribute to my early grave.

Reaction score
P2ffsIi.jpg

MOON MIST MOTHERFUCKER.

Best ice cream ever. EVER. And you saps don't get any because it's only sold in the Maritimes.

IMG_0965.JPG

LOOK AT THAT. Tell me you don't want to eat 60 pounds of that stuff. I know I do.

Sadly, it's so god-damned popular that every time I go the the ice cream place, I see one empty container of Moon Mist, and 7 untouched containers of other, shitty, non Moon-Mist flavors. I've asked why they don't order more then one thing of Moon Mist at a time, but didn't get an answer. Assholes.

Oh, and for the record, it's banana, grape, and bubblegum ice cream mixed together.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not an 8 year old girl. I don't want that.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I dunno, that looks p. good.

CletusVanDamme said:
King Kamala said:

Bought a box of those last time I went to the store, amazeballs.

Co-sign. So good. P. disappointed there were only 3 in the box. I need my next fix.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
RE: Moon Mist

In the midwest, we have "Superman" ice cream, which is kind of in the same vein.

superman6.jpg

The flavors vary, but the most traditional is "Blue Moon" (another midwest-specific ice cream, which no one seems to be able to guess the flavor of), "red pop" (presumably "red pop" as in Faygo?) and vanilla ice creams. Some versions have lemon instead of vanilla, other variants include blue moon, vanilla, and black cherry. Not gonna lie, I'm more intrigued by the Moon Mist flavors.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/erickstevens82/status/1251572855487242240

*Daffy Duck masturbating gif*

(I like how I get all of my ice cream news from indy wrestler/artisanal cookie maker Erick Stevens' Twitter)

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Cereal-themed ice cream has been around for awhile. I'm waiting for the Fruity Pebbles flavor.

Ben & Jerry's has a "Netflix & Chill" flavor I've been wanting to try.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Cinnamon Toast Crunch could be ok. Didn’t click on the tweet to see what the Lucky Charms one contains.

Some of those gimmicked ones peak my interest and some seem gross. Like the Sour Patch Kids ice cream seems wrong. I know some people like Gummy Bears in their ice cream, not for me, but whatever. The Sour Patch seems like an extra step in the wrong direction.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't want sour ice cream. A sour fruit sorbet maaayyyybeee but not ice cream!

The Sour Patch Kids cereal seems even grosser. I REALLY don't want a sour breakfast cereal!

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
Springtime for Epic said:
Cereal-themed ice cream has been around for awhile. I'm waiting for the Fruity Pebbles flavor.

Ben & Jerry's has a "Netflix & Chill" flavor I've been wanting to try.

Netflix flavor has a pretzel swirl in it. It's a weird flavor/texture combination. It isn't bad it's just not like anything I've ever tasted.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Whiney pouty SFH:

I'm glad the people that are lactose intolerant/dairy allergic and like chocolate have a ton of options to choose from in the Dairy Free ice cream section. For those of us that do not like chocolate our options are, soy vanilla, almond vanilla, or rice vanilla. Every now and then I'll find a dairy free birthday cake flavor through Halo Top and So Delicious drops a Snickerdoodle cookie variety through the year. But that's about it.

I'd do some sketchy shit for some dairy free strawberry. Anyone ever make their own ice cream at home?

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really want Kawartha's Key Lime Pie Ice Cream, but because of this stupid virus I can't get to the Dairy to get it. And of course, the grocery stores don't carry it since it is a special summer 2020 flavour.