Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Ice Cube's 3 on 3 Old Dawg League

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Roger Mason quit his NBA job to become commissioner.

Deep player pool with the likes of Shawn Marion, Jermaine O'Neal, Chauncey Billups and Allen Iverson as a player/coach. You ready?

Newest news of newsworthiness?

Smush Parker ready to let bygones be bygones and team up once more with Kobe (and Lamar) for dominance

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/23/smush-parker-kobe-bryant-big3-league/

Post about Basketball XFL 2K17 here!

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Label%2BRap%2Bjam%2BSnes%2Bby%2BVictor%2BKratos%2BAlta%2BQualidade.png

?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Old Dawgs Getting Older

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/832707864741416960

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dvr'd it and starting it now. Kwame Brown might beast in this league based on being a youngster compared to the rest. Gonna get that second NBA chance Kwame. Scoring 60 points to win might be hard for some of these teams, and some of these guys are breathing hard minutes into this Ghost Ballers vs Three Headed Monster game.

CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH IT ALL.

edit: Spoke too soon on Kwame as he turned the ball over three times and has stopped trying to rebound and play defense. Just like the old days. And now Ricky Davis has missed three straight shots to make the score 30 to take it to half time to give these guys a break.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
I think it got 4 times the ratings they were expecting but I feel like most of the drama coming out of this from the bits I've seen will be, "Can he last the whole year?" stories. Like with Iverson there were points I was sure he was gonna mess up his ankle and/or knee and that would be a shame since he seems to be the face of this thing.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BOW DOWN said:
I think it got 4 times the ratings they were expecting but I feel like most of the drama coming out of this from the bits I've seen will be, "Can he last the whole year?" stories. Like with Iverson there were points I was sure he was gonna mess up his ankle and/or knee and that would be a shame since he seems to be the face of this thing.

White Chocolate went out of the first game with an injury so guys are probably going to be dropping like flies. I guess they had a draft and a bunch of name guys didn't get picked like Kendall Gill, Latrell Sprewell, Steve Francis and OJ Mayo (LIRL couldn't even get picked in the geezer league). Those guys will probably sub in for injured guys.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Yeah the injury angle was understated with this. Basketball is not like football in terms of contact, but these guys are playing like they're in their prime and their bodies can't keep up.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a no brainer, but so far the best looking guys in this are the guys that most recently played in the NBA like Rashard Lewis and Jermaine O'Neal.

And on cue, Corey Maggette turned his ankle and has to leave the game.

Gus Johnson keeps saying if he had to pick a 3 man team of modern NBA players it would be KD, Harden, and ..... Porzingis or modern Dirk wtf.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BAH GAWD DESHAWN STEVENSON ON FIRE AND HITS THE GAME WINNER

They condensed Team AI vs Team Brian Scalabrine to a two minute highlight package wtf. Must've been terrible. Only game that didn't get showed in full and it features the draw of the league in Scalabrine. This is some TNA level trash.

According to Big Gus, Charles Oakley and Rick Mahorn got into a fist fight during the Bulls/Pistons playoff game of 2008.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CARLOS BOOZER IS IN FOR SEASON 2 AS CO-CAPTAIN OF THE GHOST BALLERS

BIG BABY DAVIS AND NATE ROBINSON ARE ALSO CO CAPTAINING TEAMS

GOT MY HOOK TO WATCH SEASON 2 NOW

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Saw they had this on TV today. Michael Rapport interviewed Reggie Evans, who I am pretty sure never got interviewed in his NBA career.

So far in this game I've spotted Josh Smith, Reggie Evans, Mario Chalmers. Amare is there watching, Gary Payton is coaching and while sitting next to someone in a black and purple Diamondbacks jersey, Jim Jones popped off a seat during a dead ball and started performing "Ballin'"

2006 is great

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Oh man - this Gary Payton coached team has Rashard Lewis and Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf

Now Reggie Theus being interviewed coaching the other team. I may never stop watching.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Ice Cube bringing back basketball during the pandemic

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-big-3-plans-to-launch-quarantined-tournament-in-april-in-response-to-coronavirus-sports-hiatus-190821749.html

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They should just have a giant H-O-R-S-E tournament since I think you can do that while social distancing.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Of course it would have a corporate sponsor and thus they will play the K-R-I-S-P-Y K-R-E-M-E invitational featuring all social distancing superstars of the league.