Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Impact Wrestling in Spring-Fall 2021: Not just an AEW Farm Team! We've got NJPW guys now too!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Guy challenging Kenny Omega for the Impact World Title on the August Impact Plus special is

Brian Myers.

If this was 4-5 years ago, I'd think that Impact is definitely about to put their title on FKA Curt Hawkins. Now, well, there's probably still a chance they do that.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Truthfully, I've enjoyed most of Myers' work in Impact as a smug, dickish heel but main event level? Nah.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm assuming it's just a one off, thanks for coming over nod to him but people also assumed Jinder Mahal was going to job to Randy Orton at Backlash 2017!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kiera Hogan announced on her OnlyFans (Is OF the new Sunglasses Hut?) that she's leaving Impact Wrestling.

I thought Fire N Flava lost the Knockouts Tag Team Titles kind of suddenly now I know why.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
She busted her ass in that company for 3 years so I hope she ends up somewhere where she'll at least be paid well. I can see both WWE and AEW having interest.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the indies are bouncing back huge too and will probably will stay strong for short term future. Beyond and Limitless both sold out their next shows weeks in advance, which is unprecedented. What a great time to be a free agent.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Kiera is also in a relationship with AEW's Diamante, so she may very well be signing there and that's why she's leaving Impact. Callis knows his company's level in the hierarchy, and she's an insanely talented worker, so I could very well see him releasing her (or agreeing on non-renewal) if she and AEW have interest in each other.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Kiera is also in a relationship with AEW's Diamante, so she may very well be signing there and that's why she's leaving Impact. Callis knows his company's level in the hierarchy, and she's an insanely talented worker, so I could very well see him releasing her (or agreeing on non-renewal) if she and AEW have interest in each other.

Callis left Impact before they did the story of him getting fired.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Callis has no power in Impact. He's strictly an on-air performer at this point.

Laz

Reaction score
chrisgriffinwhaaaaat.gif

Well. Color me fucking tickled. At least D'Amore is still booking.

...he is still booking, right?

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
That makes so much make less sense.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Impact Plus specials that don't warrant a thread and I'm not even sure if it even earns its own post tbh. This definitely has "Fulfilling contractual obligation" vibes of their mid 2010s One Night Only series.

Impact Wrestling Homecoming
July 31st, 2021
From Skyway Studios in Nashville, Tennessee

Hardcore Match

Eddie Edwards Vs W. Morrissey

Homecoming King & Queen Mixed Tag Team Tournament Finals
? Vs ?

Homecoming King & Queen Mixed Tag Team Tournament Semi-Finals Match
? Vs ?

Homecoming King & Queen Mixed Tag Team Tournament Semi-Finals Match
? Vs ?

Homecoming King & Queen Mixed Tag Team Tournament First Round Match

Hernandez and Alisha Edwards Vs ? and Deonna Purrazzo

Little Petey Pump & Thicc Mama Pump Vs GCW Champion Matt Cardona & Chelsea Green

Crazzy Steve & Rosemary Vs Fallah Banh and Tasha Steelz

Tommy Dreamer and Rachel Ellering Vs Brian Myers and ?

Impact Wrestling X Division Title Match
Josh Alexander (c) Vs Black Taurus

Laz

Reaction score
Pulling for Dreamer/Ellering to lose in the finals to THICC MAMA PUMP...and that other guy.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
She looks good. She could be Carmella's mom.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Had she not ruined her own face, she probably would be pretty GILFy at this point.

Still odd the WWF didn't give her something to do after the Missy's Manor stuff failed at launch. Her signing with the WWF was a big enough of a deal to get her picture on the cover of the Apter mags in early 87.

Shit, just bring Eddie Gilbert and Sting in with her since they were a UWF faction. Maybe even Rick Steiner, who certainly had the look Vince wanted. That would have possibly shifted the future of the NWA a quite a bit without Sting and the Steiners around to be the hot top acts in the later half of 89.
If Gilbert was willing to play ball and not worry about booking and cosplaying as Jerry Lawler, then he could have easily done a worker/heel manager deal with Hyatt as his side piece. Sets up a natural face turn eventually with RIck Rude, although Gilbert was too small to survive the WWF body demands unless he found a spot as a tag worker.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Now you have to pay a $1 a month to watch Impact on YouTube unless you're a boomer with AXS TV (or want to wait for it to be uploaded onto Impact Plus)

Seems like an odd move to me. Twitch streaming really helped stabilize Impact a couple years back.

$5 tier includes every PPV in Impact/TNA history. Way to make me feel like even more of an idiot for subscribing to Impact Plus!!!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Man, I'm not here for this memetic mutation of language. "Boomer" used to mean something specific, now, assholes like y'all just use it as a catch-all for, "LOL, you old!"

Laz

Reaction score
Man, I'm not here for this memetic mutation of language. "Boomer" used to mean something specific, now, assholes like y'all just use it as a catch-all for, "LOL, you old!"
Boomer_Esiason_at_Super_Bowl_XLI_pre-game_show_in_Miami.jpg