Reaction score
Cards that don't warrant a thread.

Against All Odds
July 1st, 2022
Live from Center Stage Theater in Atlanta, Georgia

Impact World Championship match

Josh Alexander (c) Vs Joe Doering

10 man tag team match
Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Kenny King, Vincent, and OGK) (with Maria Kanellis) Vs America's Most Wanted, The Good Brothers, and Heath

Clockwork Orange House of Fun match (Special Guest Referee: Raven)
Moose Vs Sami Callihan

Impact Knockouts Championship match
Jordynne Grace (c) Vs Tasha Steelz

Impact X Division Championship match
Speedball Mike Bailey (c) Vs Trey Miguel

Impact Knockouts Tag Team Championship match
Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie (c) The Influence (Tenille Dashwood and Gisele Shaw) (with Madison Rayne)

Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey) Vs Motor City Machine Guns

Mia Yim and Mickie James Vs Chelsea Green and Deonna Purrazzo

Dot Combat match for Impact Digital Championship (pre-show match)
Rich Swann (c) Vs Brian Myers

Pre show match
Black Taurus Vs Laredo Kid

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Put him in the booth.
So Raven's wasn't special guest referee last night. He did do color commentary and I agree. If Raven is at least relatively sober then he'd be an awesome addition to the booth. Hell, I'd just do him and FKA Aidan English but I'm guessing Impact paid way too much for FKA Tom Phillips so they want to keep him in the mix.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I probably was the only one who caught Against All Odds? Once again, I felt like they exceeded expectations for one of these kinda throwaway secondary special events on Impact Plus. The crowd at Center Stage in Atlanta has pretty hot for the majority of the show, and for once the production asthetic was a bit different with the venue.....this is one major critiques I have with Impact at this point is that every taping looks the same with the way they set things up. This had some small differences, with the addition of a ramp instead of entrance floor, etc.

This has similar vibes to Slammiversary. A really strong X division title match (Trey/Bailey), kinda ho-hum womens title matches (although the Mickie/Yim vs Green/Deonna was not too bad at all), a really hot other couple x division matches (Laredo/Taurus and the MCMG/Bullet Club tag both rocked it), and a decent strong-style main event also.

The real notable match on this card was the wild Clockwork House of Fun match with Moose and Sami that went into many more hardcore directions than I expected, and Moose took some really terrible looking bumps on his head and neck, including a really stiff piledriver on top of glass shards that was even more brutal than you would think.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Go out of your way to watch the Sabin/Shelley match from Impact this week.

While we're on the subject, which Motor City Machine Gun do you prefer? I was always Pro Sabin but Shelley's run since returning during the pandemic has been straight fire. Plus, the stuff he did with Kevin Nash was top shelf.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Sabin.

Shelley may be the better pound-for-pound member, but Sabin always had a better sense of pacing and psychology.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Johnny Gargano made his Impact debut last night...sort of.

I could've swore they brought in Gargano for a cameo in the mid 2010s when they were randomly trying out a bunch of indie guys but I realized I was thinking of Ciampa.

Geez. Looking at those results really drives home my belief that last year or two of NXT really is a souped up version of mid 2010s TNA.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Someone I know made a great observation about Impact Wrestling. Their show is basically The Muppet Show (in the best way possible). The backstage segments are like something out of The Muppet Show's backstage area with Scott D'Amore being Kermit. If you think about it in that way, the show gets even better.

Last night's main event of Rich Swann vs KUSHIDA was fantastic.

Laz

Reaction score
So I watched Sabin/Shelley, and I'd give it a good ***1/2. The mat work was exceptional and done with just the right balance of smoothness, struggle, and psychology, but they break down into a bad superkick trade that rests on the ever-present (and horrible) trend of "get hit, stand still, reverse the next move" before an incredibly great finishing sequence.

It's a shame they did that dumb flavor du jour trade between the mat work and the finish, because it was looking like a great match before then. I especially enjoyed Sabin targeting Shelley's neck with surprise neckbreakers (done a few sequences apart) leading to Shelley losing his cool and going after Sabin's knee. It sent the message that Shelley is taking things seriously and will go after any previous injuries that Josh Alexander may have when his title shot comes up.

Even swapping from the knee to the arm to set up the Border City Stretch made good sense, and fed into Sabin's Cradle Shock attempt being easily reversed.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Bound for Glory will eminate from NY!

....Albany, NY that is.

It'll also be on a Friday this year (Oct. 7).

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Bound for Glory will eminate from NY!

....Albany, NY that is.

It'll also be on a Friday this year (Oct. 7).

It was supposed to be in Danbury on the 8th, but that's the same night as Extreme Rules. They moved it to Friday, a first in company history for a major PPV, but the location in Danbury didn't have that date, so they moved it to Albany.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
So, is this Madison Rayne/Mia Yim match they've got booked for next week some "forbidden door" shit, or is Madison just wrapping up her contractual obligations to Impact, or something like that?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Josh Alexander vs Eddie Edwards is the main event for Bound for Glory.

Well, I hope the undercard is good at least.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm sure Josh Alexander Vs Eddie Edwards will be a damn, damn good match but yeah, it's unexciting as heck for their flagship show of the year.

Then again, there isn't an exciting match that doesn't involve bringing someone in from NJPW...

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TAZ, WHAT IS THE WRESTLER MOST RECENTLY KNOWN AS GRAN METALLIK DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONEMascara Dorado debuted at the Impact Wrestling tapings in Dallas last night.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Joe Doering stepping away from Impact due to health reasons.

IMPACT Wrestling star Joe Doering is stepping away from competition to take care of his health. The 40-year-old battled brain cancer six years ago and, at last weekend’s taping at The Factory in Dallas, he informed IMPACT Wrestling management that the disease has returned.

Joe will be undergoing surgery in the coming weeks.

Fuck cancer

Laz

Reaction score
Eddie Edwards is just okay and I have no idea how he's had the run he has.
I've loved Eddie since I first saw him at small shows in 2003 teaming with the late DC Dillinger...but yeah. His best work is always in the midcard where he's clearly goofing around and showing his personality more, but because he really rose during the "WRESTLING IS SERIOUS" Davey Richards era? He developed a case of mediocre. And I'm saying that as somebody who really, really liked the first couple Eddie/Davey matches for the ROH World title.