Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Iran and Israel basically at war

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Biden deserves to be criticized for his handling of all of this but America has been backing and guaranteeing Israel since it started. US policy towards all of this is set in stone. It would take a much stronger man than Biden to change things.

Biden should be blamed for the last decade or whatever but that's still 70 years or more left.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I can hear all those damn bible-thumpers coming out on TV right now and saying that "these ARE the end times". I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we are, though.
Look into the future:

Fun fact. After the movie was released James Cameron got a letter from Lawrence Livermore Labs where they said this was the most realistic depiction of what a nuclear bomb being detonated would look like.

Light moves faster than the actual nuclear shock wave. So you will be burned alive before you explode.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
85 million people died in WW2, most of them were just straight up slaughtered/executed and that wasn't the end times. There is no such thing
We didn't have a dozen nations (or more) with access to ICBMs carrying nuclear and/or biological warheads.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We made it through the Cold War and all of its near misses. I'm not super worried about a nuclear war happening (at least in the near future) tbh. It COULD happen for sure. Even if it did happen though, some portion of the human race would survive in various parts of the world.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
New Zealand would be the most likely country to survive. But, honestly, any major nuclear war would so fuck up the atmosphere I'm not sure it would be a world worth living in for anyone anywhere.

Staff member
Reaction score
Nuclear winter is only a theory that may or may not be true. End times carries a religious implication though. I don't know why the religious implication is that now is worse than anything previous.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
We made it through the Cold War and all of its near misses. I'm not super worried about a nuclear war happening (at least in the near future) tbh. It COULD happen for sure. Even if it did happen though, some portion of the human race would survive in various parts of the world.
Easy to say when all of your family and friends don't live in the hot zone, I suppose. The entire Northeastern US would be a prime target due to NYC alone, and the Boston area is within its fallout.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If there was a nuclear war, my area would be gone. I'm right next to Vancouver and Seattle. It's even covered in scenarios they've done. The vast majority of Canada would be wiped out, almost all of us live right on the border.

Also sir, @Brooklyn Zoo lives in NYC so I clearly have a loved one at risk.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I met a really cool Iranian guy in college. He works at Harvard now. I hope he's doing well.