Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Is Shaniqua there?

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All that did was remind me of the Shaniqua that was in WWE for a minute.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
When this song came out, I knew a girl named Quanisha. I used to sing Quanisha Don't Live Here No Mo'. She did not like it.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ed Wood Caulfield said:
I don't even remember that song. And I watched ALOT of MTV back in 2000-2001.

I don't know if it ever made it over to the big station but I remember the video for it being on a lot on MTV2 (back when they played all videos and had no commercials except for ones for itself). I felt so hip for having that channel back then. I discovered bands like two weeks before other people did! I remember me and the other kid in my math class who had it having a raging debate over who would be superstars; Coldplay or Travis? Guess which one I guessed would be the U2 of our generation?

Why I felt like commemorating this song rather than another MTV2 hip hop hit of the early '00s like "What Up, Fatlip?" (which is actually pretty good), I'm not sure. Drinking probably had something to do with it.

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
I don't know if it ever made it over to the big station but I remember the video for it being on a lot on MTV2 (back when they played all videos and had no commercials except for ones for itself).

Those were good times. I remember MTV2 playing "One-Armed Scissor" by At The Drive-In and "Renegades Of Funk" by Rage Against The Machine non-stop.

On the other hand, it's also the channel that introduced me to Coldplay, so...

I miss the old MTV2. Bring back Controlfreak!