Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Conrad Thompson, Double J, Freddie Prinze Jr and the quest for a #3 promotion in North America

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
A-fucking-men to that. The overkill schtick was fun 10 years ago when WWE/TNA were frequently under-delivering via shit roll-up finishes, but nobody needs Johnny Gargano kicking out at 2.9999999(~!) from every classic King's Road finish for 20 minutes.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
FOak_3rXMAQZEHj

Hasn't this city been through enough?
The worst part is this is AIW's home building, so I hope this shitshow doesn't sour the Odeon on wrestling altogether

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I just want their money mark to be Dixie Carter and the backstage interviewer being a returning Dana Dameson (if she's still alive, I don't know what narrative she chose).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dana Dameson has to be the most obscure person to get an RF Video shoot, which is really quite the honor.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just looked her up and now the FBI wants to have a chat. Great.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I was hit with nostalgia for DOI and saw the domain is going for just over $5k. Too much. I just remember her being gross and useless.

Also lol at Jingus defending her attractiveness.

Valeyard

Reaction score
DOI would be a fun investment for $5k less. I'd be in for a hundred just because. History.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I was going to buy a domainname from the past it would be WorldDominationInc.

I did renew therealtsm.com for another year yesterday, so all of you guys who never update your bookmarks are safe again.

Valeyard

Reaction score
ThereAltSM better have gotten hits over the years.

Valeyard

Reaction score
See these are the idiots who would buy DOI from a fellow idiot like myself and make me at least $100 profit.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So...did Jeff Jarrett and Conrad already make their WrestleMania weekend announcement and it just got lost in the shuffle or is it happening today?

I saw that Jeff & Karen Jarrett: KING & QUEEN OF MEXICO made their returns at the AAA show this weekend. Does it have something to do with that? I feel like being American promoters for AAA would be a relatively smart, safe bet but who knows?

I also did not hear a single thing about #CYN's shows this weekend, good or bad. The IWC sure lost interest in them once EC3 clarified that they were an apolitical promotion and he actually supports BLM and trans people, huh?

As I said in the JJSB6 thread, bad (or at least not a good weekend) for the upstarts since ROH had a great comeback and Impact had the quietly solid weekend it's mostly been having since Anthem took over 3-4 years ago.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah Ive had a hard time finding much info on the CYN stuff....prob not a good sign. I know it was running head to head with MLW in the same building in just a different part of it, so its plausible the attendance numbers for them was real bad.

There was some ppv FITE thing that I...think.....was a Q&A panel thing with Conrad, Regal, JJ, Jeff Hardy, and Bischoff somewhere on either Thursday or Friday but never heard what came out of it at all. I plan on digging into streaming links this week so will see what I can find out.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If announcement really is just Jeff Jarrett being an American promoter for AAA then it's worth it just to hear Conrad say luchadores names.

I did a Google News search for Jeff Jarrett and nothing popped up other than P/R for the AFS Q&A he was doing with Connie and the Gang*. If they made an announcement, it wasn't noteworthy, I guess. Jeff and Conrad are like the absentminded stepfathers of wrestling.

*Man, what if AdFree Shows tried to produce an '80s/early '90s style Saturday morning cartoon. Maybe that's what it'd take to lure in @BruiserBrody...

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeesh. Learning this guy's real thoughts, it's no wonder why he quickly went from potential next Goldberg to the next Ryback.

Valeyard

Reaction score
She better lean into the Skyrim Karen gimmick she was born to have.