Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Conrad Thompson, Double J, Freddie Prinze Jr and the quest for a #3 promotion in North America

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Could have seen this WES mess coming a mile away, but I think it confirms that given all the information that has come out about the mismanagement (and now outright lies about why the shows didn't happen), there is no way a third time will be the charm here. There won't be a third chance here, it's dead in the water at this point, and sounds like rightfully so.

I always thought they had a decent idea with talk about having shows in the middle east specifically, but whoever all is part of the leadership team of this group, including the AOP guys, really had no fucking idea what they were doing clearly. In this current wrestling landscape, you can't expect a great turnout without some initial TV taping to at least put on public video sites like YouTube, etc, and establish some things (but even that far from guaranteed success) and some sort of promotional team push behind it, i.e. people that know how to use social media correctly specifically. And a shitload of advertising. Great way for them to burn bridges with the ex-WWE talent they supposedly had some sort of connection with too, this company is so done already.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I like how much of a throwback this feels, though. Social media, man. Some real "video killed the radio star" shit.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Maybe I'll go to the Minneapolis one (at a club I've NEVER heard of a wrestling show being at). I am intrigued how these shows will digress as they go on. Plus I can't imagine the crowds will be impressive in any way, shape, or form.

Also, did they ever air any of the TV tapings they did months ago?

Valeyard

Reaction score
I was just at the Franklin Music Hall for Belle and Sebastian. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that was probably the better choice.

Gonna be full of regret when Aries comes out to "Stay Loose" and tears the house down.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
HHH just created a shitstorm unlike anything ever seen in the wrestling business:

"[Jarrett and him] are about to go jump on a plane to Chicago," Thompson said on "My World with Jeff Jarrett." "We've got meetings from all corners of the globe there. I can't believe, it's almost like a power broker summit what we've got lined up in Dallas. I think next week, towards the end of the week, [Jarrett] and I are going to go to Chicago a few days early for some undisclosed reasons and the following Monday [Jarrett is] working on our video game thing and Monday, like, what? Two weeks from now, [Jarrett] and I will be both be in Mexico."

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/977494...re-plans-with-jeff-jarrett/?utm_campaign=clip

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I know Connie's not dumb, but I don't think he has the kind of money to lose that it may/will take to fund a legit promotion.
Recent history is full of money marks who burned out fast.
Maybe a quarterly Starrcast- one big show-try and keep the other promoters happy enough to loan out talent for a cut or something?
Is Tony Khan really going to want to play ball when he himself has 2 brands to build and sell to the public?
Having the master of pop up promotions that died (JJ) doesn't fill me with confidence.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, do you like get notifications of any content related to Conrad and/or Daddy Jeff or are you deep diving into the land of the internet scouring for any Conrad related morsel?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score

Valeyard

Reaction score
Freddie can't be worth more than 7 figures himself. Poor unfortunate bastard.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's married to SMG, who has got that sweet Buffy The Vampire Slayer syndication and DVDs money. He probably made low millions per movie during his brief run as a star in the '90s/early '00s. Plus a lot of celebrities have side hustles in real estate or not so I'd imagine he's probably still a millionaire. A Google search says anywhere between $19 to 30 million but those things are famously wildly inaccurate so who knows.

In any case though, on his podcast, he talked about how he was getting financial backers to help fund a lot of the project anyway.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's too bad Joe Pedecino isn't around anymore to warn him.

I'm telling you with the streaming wars and everyone jockeying for unique content, don't be surprised if we see an aggressive attempt to challenge WWE and AEW in the next year or two. It probably won't work but they'll attempt it!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
He's married to SMG, who has got that sweet Buffy The Vampire Slayer syndication and DVDs money. He probably made low millions per movie during his brief run as a star in the '90s/early '00s. Plus a lot of celebrities have side hustles in real estate or not so I'd imagine he's probably still a millionaire. A Google search says anywhere between $19 to 30 million but those things are famously wildly inaccurate so who knows.

In any case though, on his podcast, he talked about how he was getting financial backers to help fund a lot of the project anyway.

He also worked for WWE as a writer for a short time. And while that's not going to bring in millions upon millions, I'm sure it was a good paying job. Plus, he was able form relationships with some of the wrestlers who might take a little less to work with him and his vision than they would for others.