Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Jim Crockett Promotions Presents Ric Flair's Last Match

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Jeff actually addresses Flair's performance, "What did you expect from a 73 year old who hadn't wrestled in over a decade?"

"Flair was out of breath.... no shit. We all were nervous going into the match. I can take a 25 year old man out of this audience and he'd blow up too"

Staff member
Reaction score

Jeff actually addresses Flair's performance, "What did you expect from a 73 year old who hadn't wrestled in over a decade?"

"Flair was out of breath.... no shit. We all were nervous going into the match. I can take a 25 year old man out of this audience and he'd blow up too"

Ric was clearly wasted. It's nice for the guys to cover for him but it seemed pretty obvious at the time. He looked trashed the moment he came out the curtain.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
@JHawk does indy work. Maybe he can tell us if the "stars" get a flat rate or it might be something of a different beast for a super show?
--
That's going to depend on the individual talent. I'm sure some took a discount because it was Flair. Also remember some worked one or two other shows in the area as well which will usually lead to deals between talent and promoters to split certain costs.

I've never done business with Conrad though and I haven't asked any of the talent that worked this show.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

First thing out of Flair's mouth is "I wish we hadn't said that was going to be my last match".
He dehydrated because he wanted to be under 219 for the match so he didn't drink water.
Ric wanted to drink a six pack of beer after the match but Taker made him drink 2 Gatorades first.
Flair admits he stuck ATM Eric with a bar tab that week, but Eric owes him money from the WCW days.
Lethal veto'd the superplex spot, not Ric.
The heart attack spot was spontaneous as the match plan was off kilter and Flair wanted to reset things.
It sounds like Flair tried to claim he was planned to lay in the corner for the hot tag, but watching it unfold, that has to be BS. He blacked out for the guitar spot and brass knux.

Flair hasn't watched the match back other than the few seconds we see in the Epilogue episode of the doc.

Last edited:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He wishes he didn’t say that was his last match? That was literally the entire premise for the show happening!
He said he hadn't even watched the match back, so he has no idea what a bag of shit he looked like after the suplex spot.

Conrad and everyone else blew him right after.

Conrad did say Flair's daughter expressed concern for his corpse laying in the corner for 7 mins, but Conrad put his hand on her knee and told her "It's all part of the show"

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Rhythm and Blues vs Skyscrapers plz

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hot take but he might not be wrong that him Vs Ricky Morton would have been a better final match than what we got.

At least I think Ricky Morton would have had a more realistic idea of what 73 year old Ric Flair could do and perhaps more capability to shoot down some of his ludicrous ideas over his son in law and two guys who grew up idolizing him.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Give Flair the Liger treatment. Put him in a 10-man tag with a bunch of old fucks. I'm sure Flair has aged more gracefully than someone like Dory Funk Jr. or Bill Dundee.