Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Jim Crockett Promotions Presents Ric Flair's Last Match

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm gonna have a personal moratorium on listening to Conrad podcasts for at least a month cause I really don't need to listen to them pat themselves on the back and pretend this weekend was an unqualified success.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
"Huge shoutout off the top. The Nashville Predators are in the house! Yeah, not the hockey team. Just the old perverts here on stage."

"Nashville is the perfect place for this roast. Even the cops are stylin' and racially profilin'."

"Brian Knobbs. You big disgusting animal. You're worse at showering than Bruiser Brody."

"Wendy, when Ric jizzes and nothing comes out, is that a 'Dusty finish?'"

"Seriously, if I wanted to watch two old people wriggle around for an hour in pain, while nothing happened, I'd watch Tony Schiavone f*uck his wife."

"The only reason it took Ric this long to get cancelled is because Teddy Long wasn't wearing a body cam."

"David Manning has been at more suicides than the Clintons."

"Ric Flair was in the Four Hosemen, which is the only time the words 'Ric Flair' and 'stable' have been used in the same sentence."

"If you don't know Brian Knobbs, he's the guy after the show whose merch table has fewer people than a Von Erich family reunion."
Alright, these ones are great

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Damn Carney Connie wins again!

Tony Khan is a given but Connie is going to be one hell of a footnote in wrestling history. What he's accomplished in the last 4-5 years is impressive even if a little slimy.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think he did anything particularly slimy before this (well, domestic abuse arrest aside...) but I guess there's a thin line between craven capitalist and sleaze ball. He definitely crossed it though last weekend!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Only wrestler I've seen bitch about Conrad Thompson is Buff Bagwell and their beef stems from Buff literally stealing a bag of money at the first Starrcast.

You can criticize his podcasts and his morals and ethics but he wouldn't have so many damn podcasts if wrestlers didn't like working with him.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I anticipate like we talked about it before that there will probably be a card every Starrcast from now on. And attaching themselves to Summerslam or Rumble is a good idea in the future.

I think they’ll be some diminishing returns, but I also would think there’s enough of an audience to turn some profit each time.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
GCW has already ran shows at Starrcast since the 2nd or 3rd one. If Conrad takes over the main sideshow, they might get pushed further to the margin. And people say he is bad for wrestling. ;)

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If he's got some sweet Saudi connections we could finally get Bruiser Brody vs Yokozuna.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Joey Janela & Jimmy Lloyd Vs Dennis Condrey & Stan Lane in Jim Cornette's FUCK THAT'S A BIG GOD DAMN PAYCHECK, I'LL WORK WITH THOSE SCUMBAGS FOR THAT MUCH! SHIT! live from the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Went to the Lita/Trish/Foley panel today at C2E2. He said he was definitely retired. So scratch that off the rumor list.

He did "joke" that when he failed the impact testing that sent him into retirement that he told Vince or who ever "I can work a whole match out of an injured left knee".

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I do wonder how much talent got paid. It seemed like there was around 50 on screen talents counting the battle royal. Did they take discounts for Flair or discounts for exposure for other Indy shows or did they get their usual rates?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
@JHawk does indy work. Maybe he can tell us if the "stars" get a flat rate or it might be something of a different beast for a super show?
--
I should mention that Foley is the nicest man in the world. He just casually dropped in bits on how he financially adopted a Pilipino kid, and many other of his charitable acts as he weaved his stories.
Foley regrets now taking all the cement bumps and head shots in front of 300 fans as he worked his way up from WCCW and all the 90s indies.
He also said had he dropped weight in WWF instead of letting himself go that he could have worked another 2-3 years at least into the 2000s. His knees gave out though.
With the Last Match talk, he did get people to pop by suggesting he fight Moxley in a barbed wire match so he could limit his bumps.
Foley had a spontaneous moment at WM _____ vs Edge where he made Edge and Lita hold hands with him before the match and pray for safety.
Doing a clothesline (with Lita on his back) to Edge as they flipped over the ropes was more dangerous than the table fire spot. Lita nailed the landing like a pro though and all was well.
Trish and Lita were chill as hell and put over AEW and WWE talents left and right,
Trish's Canadian accent seemed more pronounced than I remember.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Foley talks about the Edge match all the time. It was kind of a scripted moment when I saw him live.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My dude, he isn’t saying the recalling of the moment was spontaneous but rather that the prayer circle itself was spontaneous.

No one would ever insinuate that Foley is capable of speaking extemporaneously anymore.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When I asked him a question about BattleBowl when I met him in 2014, I half thought he was going to keel over like Homer Simpson listening to Flanders explain the differences between apple cider and apple juice.

Still my 2nd or 3rd favorite wrestler interaction. He really was as nice as his reputation.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I've heard the prayer circle thing before. He had his hot goth assistant feed questions about that whole match to a rando in the audience. Scripted remembering of spontaneous moments is what wrestling is all about.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jake Roberts' story about Vince wanting him, Hulk Hogan, and Demolition carry a boa constrictor to the ring at Survivor Series '89 will never get old IMO.