Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Just Close Your Eyes! AEW is EXPLODING into Spring 2021!

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Probably somebody's stupid song that got it taken down by YouTube.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
You want the really short version, so here goes. He won a title shot by winning a ladder match, and he lost the title shot. This made him very angry, so he turned heel. He isn't in a tag team with Ethan Page. It's like an alliance.
Why do I feel like this alliance is going to end up doing more for Ethan Page, than it does for Scorpio Sky?

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Because Sky already retired once and is nearing the real end of his career while Page is still young and has a lot of time ahead.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Stopped fast forwarding to listen to the end of Miro's promo from Blood and Guts. I don't intend to make a practice of it, but god damn if "... the world will find out what happens when the man who doesn't mind dying meets the man who doesn't mind killing him" isn't a fucking bar.

At the risk of indulging in fantasy booking, I'd like to see Darby bump like a madman for Miro next week, and put him over, clean as a sheet.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Darby is really good at selling. I'm really looking forward to Miro/Darby.

Honestly, I know the storyline is going to a tag match at the ppv with Page/Scorpio. But, I'd much rather have a return match with Miro/Darby.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Network TV is going to die because SD was the top rated show in the demo for Friday and if you look it compares favourably to a lot of other shows on network tv for the demo numbers. The numbers are shrinking something close to 8-10% a year for overall viewership.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I am curious what AEW is going to do starting in July with the 4 hours of programming they currently film for youtube. They can probably film some stuff at the arenas, but not all. I'm also sure they aren't going to spend to transport 50 indy guys to shows. Maybe they still tape Elevation and Dark in Jacksonville?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I am curious what AEW is going to do starting in July with the 4 hours of programming they currently film for youtube. They can probably film some stuff at the arenas, but not all. I'm also sure they aren't going to spend to transport 50 indy guys to shows. Maybe they still tape Elevation and Dark in Jacksonville?

I was wondering about this as well. The wrestlers around the ring will no longer be a thing with them. They might just use more local indie talent, and bring in the bigger indie names that have made an impact, wrestlers like Danny Limelight, The (Nightmare) Factory talent, or the women that Rosa brings in, etc.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Who do you guys imagine will be the first wrestler to get a legitimate come up to a spot on the A-show, based on the their success on the YouTube shows? I don't count Red Velvet, since she basically only got that spot because Brandi got knocked up. Like, I'm trying to think of anybody, male, female or tag team, that debuted on Dark, that has been built up into contendership for any title in AEW, and I'm drawing a blank.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Varsity Blondes have gone from complete jobbers to a third tier tag team. That's something, right?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Who do you guys imagine will be the first wrestler to get a legitimate come up to a spot on the A-show, based on the their success on the YouTube shows? I don't count Red Velvet, since she basically only got that spot because Brandi got knocked up. Like, I'm trying to think of anybody, male, female or tag team, that debuted on Dark, that has been built up into contendership for any title in AEW, and I'm drawing a blank.

With the way he's being pushed on the Dark shows, I can see Danny Limelight coming up to be a park of the Dynamite crew. He's already been on and had good showings against Kenny Omega. He's had stand out matches against Fenix, Penta, and most recently Moxley. They seem to see a lot in him. He's still very young, about 23 or so, so in a year or 2, he could be a staple in the TNT division for sure.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
With NXT ratings falling to essentially pre-move numbers (697K) I'm really going to be curious to see what rating AEW does tonight. If they are back down into the mid 800s that is probably where they stay outside of big shows. If they are somewhere around 1 million that is probably where they stay.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
People on Twitter are saying that AEW's ratings are going to be hurt by the NFL Schedule Reveal special on ESPN2 and the NFL Network.

It shows how stupid crazy people are about the NFL that a special revealing a schedule that's p. easy to find on Google is a minor ratings attraction.

Slayer

I have no lies or truth in what I say
Reaction score
Motherfuckin "Mission Blow" in AEW, now I'm hyped

Mox comes out to "Wild Thing", he gonna do an Onita tribute in this match?

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really hope there’s some plan for a crazy Inner Circle-Pinnacle rematch at Double or Nothing because Omega-OC-Pac as the main event ain’t it.