Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

KISS Dorks

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wish I had money to go to this Memorial Day Weekend. Every living non Gene & Paul KISS member plus Jericho's 'non makeup era deep cuts tribute band Kuarantine and a bunch of second & third tier '80s hair metal bands. Plus a cocktail party hosted by WCW'S KISS DEMON!*

*random WCW Bullshit crosspost but if Jericho hadn't left for WWF in the Summer of '99, WCW could have (and SHOULD have) made him the Starchild in their planned KISS Stable.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Band meet and greets are generally so awkward (another topic Eddie Trunk goes into on his podcast!). They're usually hella expensive and have no interaction beyond a quick autograph and picture while security shoves you through. Believe it or not, Sebastian Bach has been cited as being one of the better meet and greet experiences out there. Takes his time to talk to everybody and provides multiple pics and autos.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just listened to a KISS podcast with a money mark who licensed reissues for Peter Criss' first two post KISS solo albums on vinyl. Apparently, Peter's wife turned down all offers for him to do a virtual signing (money mark was offering $175 a copy for 250 copies), ghosted him, and had the organizers of CreaturesFest cancel his booth. Then Peter Criss announced he would sign anything at CreatureFest...for $75. Good to see Peter Criss' business sensibilities are still...out of control.

This is the one good Peter solo song. Sorry @Mickey Massuco
(hosts and money mark both brought up likelihood that Criss doesn't get any royalties from record company for those two solo albums and is bitter over that. It's still hilarious/weird that he would turn down easy money and would throw out dude who is offering him easy money)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, say what you want about him personally but musically and stage presence wise, he has absolutely carried the band for the past 20 years.

I have no interest in seeing the current iteration of KISS anymore but I hope Gene Simmons' solo band does some dates again when The End of the Road tour is done so I can see them live.

Edit- Seriously, look at how awesome his solo sets look! "She's So European"! "I"! "Charisma"! Uh, a Little Richard cover! Why not!

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Catman sounds pretty good for a 76 year old (!) tbh. It's probably smart that he sticks to the mellower solo album tracks. Idk if anyone needs to hear a 76 year old dude try and belt out "Strange Ways" or "Black Diamond".

He looks and dresses like he could be Pops Kamala's even loopier, older brother.

cc @Mickey Massuco

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's supposed to do a few songs with Ace Frehley at Creatures Fest tonight*. Curious what they'll do. I'm having a hard time imagining Peter Criss singing any hard rockers and I can't imagine 2022 Ace wanting to play "Hard Luck Woman". Maybe "Nothin' to Lose"? Idk.

I watched some recent clips of Ace live and it might be a tougher watch/listen than 2022 KISS. He seems like he's going through the motions since he switched to a cheaper, crappier backing band after the pandemic and it's not like he's a super engaging and exciting performer in the most optimal condition. He seems to be in "Frig it" mode after he didn't get invited on the Farewell Tour.

*Featuring openers Enuff Z Nuff, John Corabi, and Kore Rozzik, @Springtime for Epic !

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's supposed to do a few songs with Ace Frehley at Creatures Fest tonight*. Curious what they'll do. I'm having a hard time imagining Peter Criss singing any hard rockers and I can't imagine 2022 Ace wanting to play "Hard Luck Woman".
Damn. I was wrong 2x. Peter and Ace did “Hard Luck Woman” then Peter got behind the drum kit and sang and played “Strange Ways” with Ace’s band.

Should’ve made the trip to the Nasty Nash, @Mickey Massuco

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bah gawd, @Mickey Massuco . The boys are back.

He looks and sounds more like the 76 year old man that he is than the NYC clips but it’s really not that much worse than current Paul (or Ace)’s vocals.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
ace's playing has deteriorated but it's not that bad, just sounds like he's doing a mediocre impression of his earlier stuff.

the rest of it sounds godawful, he wasn't kidding about those drums

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One last CreaturesFest thing before I'll shut up...Bruce Kulick became the third person to play with every member of KISS.

Peter Criss has a chance to become #4 though if he collaborates with Vinnie Vincent. I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening although they could probably bond on their mutual love of '50s music.

Edit- WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! Vinnie Vincent *did* write a song for Peter Criss' 2nd post KISS solo album! Although that doesn't necessarily mean they've played together (and that collaboration was back before Vinnie joined KISS)

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Musically, that or the Revenge/Carnival of Souls era is my favorite lineup. In theory, I love the Gene/Paul/Ace/Eric Carr lineup but there’s very little recorded material of it.

Seriously get goose bumps any time I watch this. I really wish we had gotten more than one and a half albums (and a few co writes on Revenge) with the Ankh Warrior. Besides Bob Ezrin, Idk if anyone pushed Gene and Paul harder to greatness than Vinnie in KISStory.