Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

KISS Dorks

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sorry @Mickey Massuco

(I do actually kind of agree with him that it'd be stupid to have six members of KISS in makeup for the farewell show. Ideal, mostly but not entirely unrealistic farewell show is Gene and Paul play a set with current lineup and stage set up. Intermission then they Gene, Paul, and Eric Singer come back on in street clothes and bring on Bruce Kulick to play a couple of '80s/'90s KISS songs then Eric and Bruce walk off and Ace & Peter come on. Original lineup plays 3-4 songs. Encore with every member playing "Rock & Roll All Night".

Ideal unrealistic scenario has Vinnie Vincent popping up in the ANKH WARRIOR costume to play "I Love It Loud" and "Lick It Up" somewhere in there)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, probably actually include "God Gave Rock & Roll to You II" in the setlist instead of just using it as the show outro. And/or play part of "Carr Jam 1981" during the show (It'd be unrealistic to expect them to play an entire instrumental during the farewell show).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I got a laugh out of a recent interview with Gene where he said they were retiring because they didn't ant to put on the makeup and costumes as old men.

Lack of self awareness is crazy. Him and Paul are in their seventies (and even Tommy & Eric are in their sixties now)! YOU ARE OLD DUDES LOOKING STUPID IN KISS MAKEUP!

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I think they just wanna present a certain image, the one that gets them the most money. The fact that they use backing tracks regularly means they’re well aware of their limitations at this point.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Enough depressing current KISS talk
As The Demon would say "oooh yeah! ...I like it!"

Weird to think of a time where "Rock & Roll All Night" wasn't the concert closer but ykw? I think the last song before the encore slot here is just as good if not better. Why say you're gonna rock & roll all night then leave right after?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CC1E9C7B-B55B-42D2-8E24-461CF65F68C4.jpeg
I wouldn’t have said this 10 years ago and I definitely wouldn’t have said it 20 but Demon is right.

It’s weird the further you get into KISS, you realize that Gene is not the most entitled member and actually might be least out of the original four!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Michael James Jackson, who produced Creatures of the Night and Lick It Up (as well as the four original tracks on Killers) has passed away from COVID-19 complications.

Him and Vinnie Vincent really helped spearhead the first KISS comeback and reestablish them as an elite rock band.

I either forgot or didn’t know that him and Paul were BFFs.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
2nd most important Jericho podcast this week. Him appearing on the #1 KISS podcast with his ‘80s KISS tribute band to discuss all things non makeup era!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Any reason why Vinnie Vincent bowed away from the public eye after his KISS stint? He only resurfaced just a few years ago.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well he had the Vinnie Vincent Invasion for a few years after KISS until he got kicked out of his own band and they became Slaughter.

I don't think anyone really knows where he went between 1988 and 2018. Besides bilking his fans out of hundreds of dollars for unreleased box sets and albums.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
apparently he was hard to work with and that could be why he didn't do much, especially after grunge took over and those metal virtuosos were not exactly in high demand.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Happy birthday to rock n roll's most magnificent asshole, The Demon himself Gene Simmons!
OOH YEAH!...I like it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Happy 35th Anniversary to one of my all time favorite guilty pleasures Crazy Nights!

Bruce Kulick posted a video commemorating this on Facebook that I will have to watch when I get out of work!

For fans of Peter Criss' autobiography, stay tuned till the end to see a shot of Starchild smacking his own ass!