Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kirkman's Invincible Heading to Big Screen

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Robert Kirkman of The Walking Dead fame (for those non-comic people) has another popular super hero comic Invincible. I've never read it, heard good stuff.

Finally coming to the big screen as written, directed and produced by the Rogen/Goldberg team that has been working on the Preacher show and dick joke movies

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/seth-rogen-evan-goldberg-adapt-robert-kirkman-comic-invincible-universal-990931

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Invincible is great. The Preacher TV show sucked. Hollywood sucks. I have zero expectations for this.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
tekcop said:
Invincible is great. The Preacher TV show sucked. Hollywood sucks. I have zero expectations for this.

lmao it feels like there's a super hero comic book movie every other thread.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
People had no faith in Deadpool or GOTG and they were incredible. The fact the Rogan team is on this is not promising though. At all.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I'd like Invincible way more as a tv show than a movie. Seth and Evan really botched the first season of Preacher. So I'd rather someone else helm this.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I could have sworn we had an actual thread for the tv series but the first three episodes dropped and are fantastic. Really true to the source material etc. Great voice cast.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I could have sworn we had an actual thread for the tv series but the first three episodes dropped and are fantastic. Really true to the source material etc. Great voice cast.
It’s really funny. I did too and I went looking for it because I had heard the new show dropped a night earlier than expected. Still haven’t gotten around to watching it so I haven’t started a thread but I’ve heard great things so far.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
finished the season tonight. Really great show. They put some of their own spin on things while staying really true to the source material. Some totally SICK violence which really pays tribute to the comic. The voiceacting especially JK Simmons as Omni-man is very good. Really look forward to seeing more of this.