vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yikes!

0815-lisa-robin-kelly-mugs-2.jpg

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Unfortunate that a herp outbreak coincided with her 2012 arrest.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Vince McVirtue said:
In August 2010, Kelly was arrested in North Carolina on a charge of driving while intoxicated.[2] In November 2010, she pleaded guilty, was fined, and was sentenced to 12 months unsupervised probation.[3]

On March 31, 2012, Kelly was arrested on a felony charge of corporal injury upon a spouse, and was released on $50,000 bail.[4][5] After being released on bail, Kelly went onto her Facebook account to ask for money and to claim that her boyfriend, John Michas's injuries were self-inflicted. She later made public statements claiming that she was set up by her boyfriend who injured himself in an effort to frame the actress as a domestic abuser.[6] On April 4, 2012, she tweeted that she was "relieved the nightmare is over".[7] On May 12, 2012, TMZ reported that the LA County DA declined to file charges.[8]

In November 2012, she was arrested again for allegedly assaulting her 61-year-old husband.[9]

She's 42 btw. Makes me feel really old. Still, I didn't see that much That 70s Show but one of the funniest bits I remember is from the first season where she's talking to Kelso while doing her laundry, and his selective memory chops it up to make it sound like she wants to bang him. Never would have pegged her as a man beater.

Hmm I guess not. In my head I thought that while posting this for sure though.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
At the time I think I caught an episode randomly on Fox and had no idea who that was supposed to be until someone addressed her as Laurie.

HaVoC

Vanity is my Favorite Sin
Reaction score
Sources connected with the attempted rescue tell TMZ ... when emergency responders arrived at the rehab facility, they found needle marks on both of Lisa's arms.

However, her BF tells us the reason for the needle marks is that he took Lisa to a hospital on Sunday -- because she had a .34 blood alcohol level... and nurses made multiple attempts to insert a needle into her vein to extract blood.

Party on...

Richard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Insp. Gadget (1st season only) said:
Laurie #2 should have been on That 80's Show

That 80's Show should have been what That 70's Show turned into after a few years, instead of having 1979 span 5 seasons.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Richard said:
Insp. Gadget (1st season only) said:
Laurie #2 should have been on That 80's Show

That 80's Show should have been what That 70's Show turned into after a few years, instead of having 1979 span 5 seasons.
Wasn't that '78? I thought that '79 only got stretched over the last two?

I was hoping that That 80s show would have done better, but I think that they weren't really paying attention to why 70s was popular in the first place.

Richard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea. I do know that their junior year lasted 4 seasons, and senior year lasted 1.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
wikipedia said:
The show was set in May 1976 in the August 23, 1998 premiere. After 12 episodes, the series transitioned to 1977. The 23rd episode, "Grandma's Dead", was also set in 1976, because it was supposed to be the season finale of season 1. The show remained in 1977 for the next two seasons. Near the end of the third season, the series transitioned to 1978 until early in the sixth season. The remaining episodes took place in 1979, and the series finale abruptly ends during a New Year's Eve party as the characters reach "one" during a countdown to January 1, 1980.

The show's unexpected longevity (it was the only series to debut on Fox in 1998 to survive cancellation) combined with the first season jump to 1977 necessitated a slow-down of the series' time line. Over time this proved problematic from a narrative standpoint, as nearly every year featured a Thanksgiving and/or Christmas episode, and the teen-aged actors playing high-school student characters all aged into their mid-20s by the time their characters graduated from high school after five seasons (except Mila Kunis, who was not quite 20). As the series time line sped up and slowed down with more rapidity near the series' climax, the time line necessitated that several major events depicted as having occurred months apart would have in fact happened within weeks or even days of one another.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I always remember hating Laurie #2. I'm not sure if it was the actress or the writing, but the replacement always seemed to be more of a vapid bimbo than the evil bitch that Laurie #1 was. But the defining moment in that show's run is Donna going blonde. It makes watching reruns WAY easier. If you tune in and see Blonde Donna, turn it off immediately. It's already past the point where the show turned to complete shit.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
fazzle said:
If you tune in and see Blonde Donna, turn it off immediately.
Well that's my rule anyway, even aside from season-quality issues. Laura Prepon's continuing refusal to go back to being a ravishing redhead makes me a saaaaad panda.

The later episodes did have a few neat moments here and there, though. Like when the guy who was obviously supposed to be Eric's new replacement promptly fell off the water tower and died.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Jingus said:
The later episodes did have a few neat moments here and there, though. Like when the guy who was obviously supposed to be Eric's new replacement promptly fell off the water tower and died.
Wasn't that because of him getting offered another show?

For me, the best part of the "blonde" era of the show was the episode where Fez pretended to be Fatso and had the confrontation with Bob. Also, the three (?) episodes where Midge came back.

EDIT - I was under the impression that he turned down the gig to take the starring role on Reaper, but Wikipedia seems to indicate that the timeline for that theory is all wrong.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I didn't like it when Fat Rhonda became a real character - it seemed like she was going to be an often namedropped but never appearing person, then suddenly she's dating Fez or something. This was also around the time I was only watching sporadically. At least when Just Shoot Me did that with Jack's ex-wife Allie, it was a 3.5 season long reveal (referenced in the title "At Long Last, Allie") and she only appeared in two episodes.

Can we just change this thread to "That 70s Thread" "Subtitle: Lisa Robin Kelly died"?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
DrVenkman said:
I didn't like it when Fat Rhonda became a real character - it seemed like she was going to be an often namedropped but never appearing person, then suddenly she's dating Fez or something. This was also around the time I was only watching sporadically. At least when Just Shoot Me did that with Jack's ex-wife Allie, it was a 3.5 season long reveal (referenced in the title "At Long Last, Allie") and she only appeared in two episodes.
Gonna have to disagree with that; I thought that Big Rhonda was one of the few things that redeemed Season 4 (the other being the Red/Joanne rivalry).

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Again, I was pretty much gone by season 4 and only caught it from time to time, and I was seemingly more annoyed by another change to the show when I did catch it (whatever Jackie was doing, radio Donna, blonde Donna, some new guy named Casey, a new Laurie, Hyde whining a lot... but I liked Tommy Chong). It was in my Sunday night line-up in the beginning but by the start of the 2000 season I couldn't tell you what night it was on (Tuesday?) but I'm sure it was a night I was working and I didn't care enough to record it to a VHS tape. I watched it a bit in syndication but really only seemed to catch old season 1 - 3 episodes when I caught an episode.

I can tell you I did really like the episode with Seth Green as a rival to Eric in some wood cutting competition he and Red were in though.

The show is always in my "I think someday I'll gradually watch this in order and catch the episodes I missed" list for something to watch on Netflix but it hasn't made it to the sit down and watch stage yet... not even the Ken Shamrock episode.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Somewhere the Rock is sad you call it the Ken Shamrock episode