Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Marvelous Marvin Hagler has passed away at 66

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of the goats. I've watched is last fight many times and scored it over and over. I've never had anybody win by more than 2 points; yes, Leonard has won in my notebook as often as not. But Hagler deserves the kind of respect that Leonard has received. Neither was in their prime when they fought. Both put everything they had into that fight.

And that's just one of the historic things Hagler was involved in. Versus Hearns will be a thing long after we, every alphabet group, every web post, has become so much dust. And he has a whole roster, from Hamsho on down, that he defeated.

In my lifetime, Golovkin, Canelo and Hopkins are in the conversation with him. If any of those fights could've happened, it'd have taken years off the lives of each fighter. And I wouldn't bet against Hagler in either of those, or any other imagination fight.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I’ve seen Hagler/Hearns a half dozen times. I watched Hagler’s fight with John Mugabi. Mugabi was 25-0 with 25 knockouts going into that fight. Hagler was the favorite but Mugabi presented an obvious threat. Hagler took Mugabi’s best and eventually put Mugabi down in the 11th. A great fight, a great Hagler performance. Where exactly he stands in the pantheon I can’t say. But put him in against anybody up to and including Ray Robinson and Harry Greb and I wouldn’t doubt Hagler at all.