Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Marvel's Spider-Man

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I know, but it just seems a lot faster paced than the combat in those games were and (at least early on) you go down pretty quickly.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
It’s easy to forget your web gadgets in the middle of a pain in the ass fight.

The web blossom was my favorite suit power.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
It’s easy to forget your web gadgets in the middle of a pain in the ass fight.

The web blossom was my favorite suit power.

Youre spiderman remember you can always go websling to the top of a building and regroup.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Angle-plex said:
I thought the storyline was terrible in this game

I can't go that far (I just got to Officer Davis' award ceremony) but
they could have at least tried to make the "Mr. Li is the bad guy" twist not completely obvious the first time you meet him.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven't played this yet, but I was reading something about how the bulk of the game is Spider-Man basically running missions for the NYPD, which kind of sounds boring as fuck (as well as kind of gross given today's climate). Can anyone confirm?

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
no fact said:
I haven't played this yet, but I was reading something about how the bulk of the game is Spider-Man basically running missions for the NYPD, which kind of sounds boring as fuck (as well as kind of gross given today's climate). Can anyone confirm?

They're mostly side quests. You do work with a NYPD officer as you're tracking down the Sinister Six.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
So I got to the mission on Rikers and I have to say: the game probably should have started here. I just feel like now that we've introduced all these characters I'm going to be rushing through them in the last act because I've spent half the game chasing one guy.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. The added bad guys from rulers feels very tacked on.

I still can’t ace the damn challenges to unlock the one trophy I need. Hate this game right now.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Yeah. The added bad guys from rulers feels very tacked on.

I still can’t ace the damn challenges to unlock the one trophy I need. Hate this game right now.

For taskmaster? You just need to get a middle score on one of each different challenge.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KingPK said:
Angle-plex said:
I thought the storyline was terrible in this game

I can't go that far (I just got to Officer Davis' award ceremony) but
they could have at least tried to make the "Mr. Li is the bad guy" twist not completely obvious the first time you meet him.

It was horribly paced. Should have started at the beginning of the third act. Felt like nothing happened then they rushed the good part

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Yeah, fighting two "bosses" at once really feels like they are just cramming everything into the final few hours and it isn't great. Instead of five or six fun 1 on 1 fights I've had two kinda slapped together 2 v 1 boss fights.

And I'm officially sick of the non-Spidey missions with Miles and MJ. I'm basically running through the story to just get it done so I can go back to just swinging around and finding collectables and challenges and stuff.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I finished the story. It actually wraps up pretty well (if though completely predictably) and sets up a sequel. Not a story I'd play through a second time, though.

This will probably be the first game I Platinum because it doesn't seem like too much of a challenge (and no bullshit multiplayer trophies to get).

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Are the three DLCs all going to be one big story or three individual stories?

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Full Black Cat DLC stuff is on YouTube

looks like no boss fights

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Sabre said:
I can’t manage it. I think I need 5 tokens in total to unlock the last two costumes to platinum the game.

I think I'm at this point too. I also have to finish the crimes in a few more districts on top of redoing Taskmaster challenges to get more tokens and I just don't really want to do either anymore. I really wish the crimes would pop off a bit faster so I'm not just mindlessly swinging around the city waiting.

NYU

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As you’re swinging, keep pressing R3 to scan your surroundings. When I did that, crimes essentially popped up one after the other.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The crimes get tiresome. Before I got the platinum and finished the game I probably spent my last two hours just knocking out the crimes, demons, and sable groups. When I loaned the game to my brother I told him if he’s shooting for the platinum to knock more of those out in between. The game wasn’t really any fun being stuck with so much of that repetitiveness all together.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Because I think this came out during downtime but worthy to be brought up now to hype