Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Mick Foley thinks he could do one more (cinematic) match

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
According to Meltzer on a recent Wrestling Observer Radio episode, Foley responded to a "one more match" chant at one of his spoken word shows by saying he was interested in doing a cinematic match.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I dont think its a good idea, and I'm a huge Foley mark. I just dont know what company would take this on, and who he would even face in such a match? After his TNA run of matches, I'm certainly over the idea of another return.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm assuming he'd go to AEW given how pissed WWE was at Mick's Facebook rant the other week and how Foley apparently specifically cited Sting's run as a reason he might be able to pull it off.

If anyone could pull it off, it'd be AEW but Tony Khan's a booker not a miracle worker. If you HAD to do something, maybe Foley and Jon Moxley Vs Sting & Darby.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Eh. It'd be a comedy match, I'm sure, so whatever. His peripheral elder statesman role that he's had forever now is all I want from the guy.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I don't even know if a cinematic match would work. He can barely move.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He just would talk wacky shit to someone, crumble instead of bump, turn into all three faces because he can, and get a stuntman to take a stupid bump for him at the end. More Bray than Boneyard.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Given how Countdown to Lockdown (and I think to an extent, The Hardcore Diaries too although I've only read that once) was all about him not wanting to be embarrassed in the twilight of his career and ending things with a modicum of dignity, I'm somewhat surprised that he would even halfassedly consider a comeback.

Yeah, he could do stuff without taking bumps but I feel like that would go against everything that Mick Foley represented during his entire career as an active performer.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Given how Countdown to Lockdown (and I think to an extent, The Hardcore Diaries too although I've only read that once) was all about him not wanting to be embarrassed in the twilight of his career and ending things with a modicum of dignity, I'm somewhat surprised that he would even halfassedly consider a comeback.

Yeah, he could do stuff without taking bumps but I feel like that would go against everything that Mick Foley represented during his entire career as an active performer.
He did the Socko claw to another man's penis and took a bump.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Foley had his teeth worked by a certain allegedly now single dentist in the Jacksonville area, draw your own wild conclusions.

Valeyard

Reaction score
This sucks. I really hope he didn't do something weird.

At least he's got a real update for a new book.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

This could go in the Vince thread as well. Fuck Mick Foley. This is a completely disgusting take. You can say that Vince treated you well personally without excusing his behavior or any of the many other things he said in this. Mick literally has done decades of charity work with Rape and Incest Survivors but has seemingly learned NOTHING.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
On top of it all, Jesus, Mick, nut up. Vince didn't hire you because he's a nice guy. H did it because you were one of the hottest free agents in wrestling at the time and he knew you'd make him a ton of money. Know your worth, you dumb piece of shit.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I mean, honestly, if you asked Foley he would 100% say he was only hired so Vince could bury him to hurt JR. Even if that isn't the most factual account, that's the one he talks about every live show. He literally succeded in spite of Vince.

But, like, how the fuck can he go from the kind of "on the fence" he was months ago to this now? He sounded like an ass then, sure, but there is at least the excuse of shock or something, I guess. There is no excuse now whatsoever and if I'm RAINN I cut him out if this is how he feels.

What happened with his wife, btw?