MMA General Discussion 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
Youth N Asia said:
Reem has that one in the bag. Weird stoppage since he wasn’t out. But that was an ugly as shit cut

Yeah I don't quite know what to think about that stoppage. Big Dan I think fucked up by calling it in the delayed fashion that he did because Reem landed with his hands bracing his fall and bounced back up fairly quick. A lot of people are saying that they should have let it continue because there was only four seconds left in the fight but I think the counter to that argument is that a doctor who sees damage that severe isn't supposed to care about there being only four seconds left. That cut was legit horrific.

Did he really have it in the bag? I had it 2-2 going into the last round and Rozenstruik would have defintely won the 5th.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
AA484 said:
Lord of The Curry said:
Youth N Asia said:
Reem has that one in the bag. Weird stoppage since he wasn’t out. But that was an ugly as shit cut

Yeah I don't quite know what to think about that stoppage. Big Dan I think fucked up by calling it in the delayed fashion that he did because Reem landed with his hands bracing his fall and bounced back up fairly quick. A lot of people are saying that they should have let it continue because there was only four seconds left in the fight but I think the counter to that argument is that a doctor who sees damage that severe isn't supposed to care about there being only four seconds left. That cut was legit horrific.

Did he really have it in the bag? I had it 2-2 going into the last round and Rozenstruik would have defintely won the 5th.

Every judge either had him up 4-0 or 3-1. I can’t recall which.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
AA484 said:
Lord of The Curry said:
Youth N Asia said:

Every judge either had him up 4-0 or 3-1. I can’t recall which.

Ah, granted I'm also not the best judge of live fights, either.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Admittedly I wasn’t paying the most attention myself. Thought Reem was well ahead, but it wasn’t super exciting and I was playing on my phone a bit.

Staff member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1205249394192240642

0c30jz3zsb441.jpg

Holy shit someone please stop this weight cut before he dies. There's nothing left to cut.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Geoff Neal tho. Dark horse at WW, dude is fucking legit. Perry is known for being tough as nails and he walked through him.

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool said:
https://twitter.com/ColbyCovMMA/status/1206118453985173505

This kind of thing is pretty bad for the sport in that the 20% of fans who like this guy are going to be reconditioned to accept anything less than someone dying to not be a "real" loss. While I really don't give a fuck about any of those people or what they think, some fucking idiot talking this kind of shit is gonna lead to people not buying shows.

In addition, I hate this guy so much that I do feel like Marc Goddard should have let him die.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
It's bad in a sense because it'll just lead to people on small regional shows getting massively destroyed. Something like that always happens as refs who can't make it in the real places usually get influenced by top level fighters who act like this leading to someone who shouldn't even be fighting getting life altering damage.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think you're both overstating the influence Colby has if you think that a tweet is going to lead to people dying.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In a semi-surprising move Rory MacDonald has signed with PFL. I think he saw his chances of regaining a belt in Bellator versus the talent level in PFL plus the one million dollar prize for wining the tournament and sees this as his exit strategy out of the sport.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
“I’m going to go out there and stand up with him because that’s what everyone wants to see,” Cerrone said. “Someone said earlier that’s like fighting not to win almost, but hell no. I’d rather go down in history as having the greatest fight ever and losing than fighting to just win and winning. I’m going out there to put on the line and throw down and give everyone what they want to see. To me, that’s what I want my legacy to be. I don’t want to be the guy that took the easy way and just ran the whole fight and tried to point fight. Hell, no. I’m going to stand and try to throw down.”

Conor by KO, Round One

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Frankie has been my favorite fighter for some time now. Finally ready to admit he should probably hang it up. He’s pushing 40 and a few years ago this is a fight he would have have won soundly in my opinion. Great win for Zombie.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope Zombie gets the next title shot. He's finished two top ten guys in four minutes combined and he's always been a favorite of mine. I don't get the unstoppable vibe from Volkanovski that I do with the other champs, so Jung could blast him early and win.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Totally good with Zombie getting the next shot. Probably not a bad idea for Max to take a very slight step down in competition and reevaluate where he’s at right now before an immediate rematch.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
Frankie has been my favorite fighter for some time now. Finally ready to admit he should probably hang it up. He’s pushing 40 and a few years ago this is a fight he would have have won soundly in my opinion. Great win for Zombie.

I was kind of expecting a close fight after reading this when I finally watched it this morning. I avoided results and was expecting at least it to go a few rounds and not just him getting his head played like a drum.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tofiq Musayev just won the RIZIN LW Grand Prix by defeating Patricky Pitbull by UD. His last four wins have been over Pitbull, Johnny Case, Damien Brown and Daron Cruickshank and he's looked great in all of them. Can definitely see the UFC making him an offer soon, kid is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.