Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This makes me want Poatan to destroy him even more, now.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score

“I had never seen anyone quite as vocal as Kayla, aside from Colby (Covington), but Colby was the one who was asked to leave.

Is Chael lowkey implying that JudoBae is MAGA? Or is this as simple as Nunes felt threatened by Kayla coming for her spot?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I think that was the first card I've ever seen with multiple women's matches that all ended in finishes.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought that was a really fun card last night. I was pretty impressed with Karine Silva too.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
random, but I just realized over the past nine years that Jon Jones's only two finishes were in fights he tested positive for, one of which turned into an NC

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Goddamn. Seeing Joanna go down like that bummed me way out.

Shit. Now a retirement.

Last edited:

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah that was a brutal KO. Looked like a Flair Flop for Joanna.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
That was an all-time classic title fight. Glover had him dead, and pulled guard. Bummer ending.

The Thread Killer

Get off my damn lawn
Reaction score
Glover was up on two of the score cards. Was on his way to a UD
That’s what kills me. If he could have hung on another 30 seconds or so, I was sure he would have won that fight. I might be wrong, but caught up in the heat of watching it as it happened, that is certainly the way I felt.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
kb2c2m7nvm691.jpg

Welp

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@Mickey Massuco, if you're interested. Some of the better kickboxing fights (and fighters) from the year to date. The link is for the first vid in the playlist.

Last edited:

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You wanna know how I know I’m old?

Frank Mir’s daughter Bella is now 18 years old, 3-0 as a professional (2 by submission) and is going to Iowa in September for college and to wrestle.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man, I know he was a big favorite, but I didn’t think Rakhmonov would dominate Neil Magny as easily as he did. WW is going to have some fun matchups for the next 3 years.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Rakhmanov and Khamzat are the next gen. Usman is gonna lose badly to one of those guys, and honestly people are sleeping on Leon Edwards right now. The first fight was seven years ago when he was 23, his striking and defensive grappling look worlds better at this point.

Usman is much improved too obviously, but it will be a much more difficult fight this time around imo. Leon is getting the same odds as Covington did in his rematch, which shows you the amount of respect he's getting, especially as a guy with no wrestling background. I might put a bet on it.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I do think Usman will win the fight, but I am glad that Leon is finally getting his title shot.

I also think it was a pretty smart call out, maybe even one the UFC gave Rakhmanov to want a fight with Wonder Boy. I could see that headlining a Fight Night at the Apex in November or December.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
A grappler with the best striking defence in the division against a guy who can only win on the feet. I’ll take that at even money all day.