• Subway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Consider this a companion thread to my Food Thread of the Damned perhaps.

I just replied to a Twitter thread where people were dunking on Burger King and it sparked a question for y'all. Which fast food chain is least deserving of its terrible reputation?

I'm definitely in the small but growing group of Americans that think Arby's is GOOD and people really only hate it based on that joke from The Simpsons and haven't eaten there since the '90s.

Burger King probably deserves ridicule cause of how terribly run it seems but on the 20-25% chance you go into a Burger King franchise that knows what they're doing, it slaps harder than McDonalds or Wendy's IMO.

Every other one I feel like is more or less properly rated. I used to stan for Taco Bell but they can go to Hell after they reduced their menu.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I voted for Denny's only because their food is fine enough and they seem to have this looked down upon reputation as a breakfast diner when that's their whole thing.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I went with Little Caesars. They tell you the level of the quality with their price model. Being upset or dissing them for it is on you, not them. Also, the crazy bread slaps.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I voted for Denny's only because their food is fine enough and they seem to have this looked down upon reputation as a breakfast diner when that's their whole thing.
I almost went with Denny's since I have a lot of sentimental attachments to it. It's very affordable and they got some random items that are surprisingly decent (their nachos and that grilled cheese sandwich with mozzarella sticks in it).

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I voted for McDonald's simply because it seems like everyone shits on them but they always show an urge to improve their brand and they still almost double their nearest competition (Starbucks) and quadruple their nearest food competitor (Chick-Fil-A).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
McDonalds is so ubiquitous, it seems hard to overrate or underrate it. I cause you could argue whether Coca Cola or Disney is overrated or underrated but what's point? It just is.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That new Quarter Pounder though is gooooood. Possibly best burger out of the Big 3 burger chains.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Have you not looked at the menu lately? They managed to piss off a wide variety of consumers by slashing half the menu.

It takes an amazing skill to piss off vegetarian/vegans AND meat eaters at the same time.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Taco Bell will almost definitely always be in my Fave Five short of them realizing prediction of Demolition Man and turning into a fine dining establishment but yeah that menu reduction pissed me off something fierce.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If I could pick any fast food meal as a death row meal, I might pick a well made Whopper EVM with a Coke Classic or Dr. Pepper (or maybe both. I'm on Death Row. What's two sodas to me?). Problem is expectation and reality are two different things and as I've said in a billion posts, it seems like 75-80% of Burger King locations are ASS.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Best BK locations have always been at airports or shopping mall food courts.

My theory for that is the heightened danger that comes with consuming a whopper before a flight enhances the quality of the burger, that location knows you cant afford to have the whopper shits during the flight.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Voted Little Caesars. Their deep dish and extra pepperoni pizzas are pretty alright. And if you factor cost in they’re been better.

I think Macdonald’s gets the hate it deserves. Good fries and coke thought.

I don’t like roast beef. But Arby’s has a great chicken sandwich and great fries.

I’m on a Burger King boycott. It’s all over one messed up order on a very bad day for me that they wouldn’t make right after the fact. And their fountain drinks are trash.

I don’t see too much hate for the other chains really. Haven’t been to a Denny’s since 2007. I can place that by where I was working at the time.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Seriously, if it was named anything other than Arby's, it'd be in the best fast food chain discussion! I don't think it's #1 but it's in discussion.

I think another issue with them is the same issue Dunkin' had when they still had the Donuts in the name. They're named after one of the weaker items on the menu.

I just wish I came to my Arby's enlightenment earlier when there was still one in Portland proper but it is nice to fill my once or twice a year Arby's craving while fulfilling my once or twice a year inexplicable, random desire to visit the Maine Mall.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KFC can taste good as hell on occasion but it puts my ass in a psycho circus (see also Pizza Hut). Also its existence seems pointless now that Popeyes is nationwide and provides fried chicken that is significantly better and cause marginally less gastrointestinal distress.

Weirdly, the third head of the Yum Foods Hydra with KFC & Pizza Hut, Taco Bell has never given me the shits that bad despite all of the clichés about how it'll make you poop. Like it probably makes me poop more than most foods but not more than most fast foods.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Whatever I liked at KFC isn't even offered anymore (popcorn chicken, twister wraps). At least over here they aren't.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I voted KFC.

They get shit on for the Double Down, but have any of you had it? I ate one out of morbid curiosity once and it was actually delicious. They also have really great little snackers, some killer sides when they're fresh, GODDAMN FAMOUS BOWLS, and invented popcorn chicken.

The worst aspects are usually staff-based (the low pay even by fast food standards doesn't seems to mostly attract addicts) and GETTING RID OF THE FUCKING POTATO WEDGES. Seriously. Those were the best, you pricks.

Is Popeye's better? Yes. Are there better local chicken shacks, especially down south? Yes. KFC gets an unfair shake still, but who doesn't love fried chicken?

Staff member
Reaction score
I also voted for Arby's. The beef and cheddar might be ass meat but everything else is really good.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KFC got rid of the wedges!? Fuck me. I regret including them on the list, they deserve any bile thrown at them!

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Taco Bell deserves the hate it gets for neutering their menu in the past month or two. No more shredded chicken? No more Taco Bell (although I cheated and got one more grilled cheese burrito from there last week).

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Taco Bell was the only drive thru place my girlfriend could eat from because so much of their menu can easily be made vegan. I was there 2-3x a week when she was pregnant. Gutting the menu cut what she could eat down to about a quarter of the size prior and took out the stuff I typically ordered.

Fuck them.